Far Cry 4: Has Ubisoft Shanghai Been Developing the Game?
By Aditya Bhat | January 29, 2014 1:01 AM EST
Ubisoft Shanghai has reportedly been working on developing the next Far Cry game, which will most likely be a successor to the popular Far Cry 3. An employee of the developer has detailed in his LinkedIn page that he is working on Far Cry 4.
Next Far Cry game in development.
The LinkedIn page is that of Xavier Plagnal, Studio Design Manager at Ubisoft Shanghai. His profile does reveal that from September 2013 to the present, he has been working as the Content Director of "the next Far Cry."
There is no other information regarding the game's plot, characters, setting and the game's platforms. Ubisoft Shanghai had done additional work in the development of Far Cry 3 as well, working with Ubisoft Montreal, CVG reported.
Ubisoft had earlier revealed that it would be sharing information on its next Far Cry game "soon". Next month, the company is expected to release a Far Cry game compilation, titled "Far Cry Wild Expeditions", which will be inclusive of a HD remaster of original game, Far Cry 2, Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.
"We're totally psyched from [Far Cry 3]. It's a great brand, and now it's got the recognition it deserves, so we're clearly going to make another one: more on that soon," said Tony Key, senior vice president of marketing and sales.
However, it is difficult to say for certain if the game is really in works since no confirmation from Ubisoft has yet been released.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar