Far Cry 4: Has Ubisoft Shanghai Been Developing the Game?
By Aditya Bhat | January 29, 2014 1:01 AM EST
Ubisoft Shanghai has reportedly been working on developing the next Far Cry game, which will most likely be a successor to the popular Far Cry 3. An employee of the developer has detailed in his LinkedIn page that he is working on Far Cry 4.
Next Far Cry game in development.
The LinkedIn page is that of Xavier Plagnal, Studio Design Manager at Ubisoft Shanghai. His profile does reveal that from September 2013 to the present, he has been working as the Content Director of "the next Far Cry."
There is no other information regarding the game's plot, characters, setting and the game's platforms. Ubisoft Shanghai had done additional work in the development of Far Cry 3 as well, working with Ubisoft Montreal, CVG reported.
Ubisoft had earlier revealed that it would be sharing information on its next Far Cry game "soon". Next month, the company is expected to release a Far Cry game compilation, titled "Far Cry Wild Expeditions", which will be inclusive of a HD remaster of original game, Far Cry 2, Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.
"We're totally psyched from [Far Cry 3]. It's a great brand, and now it's got the recognition it deserves, so we're clearly going to make another one: more on that soon," said Tony Key, senior vice president of marketing and sales.
However, it is difficult to say for certain if the game is really in works since no confirmation from Ubisoft has yet been released.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- New iPhone 7 Display Possibly in the Works as Foxconn Builds New Display Factory Exclusive to Apple
- Apple iPhone 7 Release Roundup: Release Date, Liquidmetal and New Design Technology
- Apple Moves to Sapphire but Corning Makes Tougher Gorilla Glass