Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Consider Defender-for-Midfielder Switch with Napoli
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 28, 2014 11:57 PM EST
Liverpool defender could be Serie A bound as Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to find an immediate cover for his injured midfielder Lucas Leiva.
Liverpool's Daniel Agger could be exchanged for Napoli midfielder Gokhan Inler
Napoli's Gokhan Inler is eyed as a possible target, with the Partenopei's manager Rafa Benitiez reported to be willing to reunite with his former player even at the cost of losing Inler.
Agger has struggled to get regular game-time under Rodgers this season and would definitely benefit from a move away from Anfield.
Meanwhile, Inler, 29, has been fantastic for the Naples based outfit. Playing the role of holding midfielder, the Swiss international is making 3.1 succesful tackles per game, while distributing the ball with an accuracy of 87.3 per cent.
Rodgers, who recently lost the race to signing Basel's Mohamed Salah to Chelsea, must move quickly if he really wants to have a more than decent back-up for the the injured Leiva.
For more football news, follow IBTimes Football on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More