Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Consider Defender-for-Midfielder Switch with Napoli
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 28, 2014 11:57 PM EST
Liverpool defender could be Serie A bound as Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to find an immediate cover for his injured midfielder Lucas Leiva.
Liverpool's Daniel Agger could be exchanged for Napoli midfielder Gokhan Inler
Napoli's Gokhan Inler is eyed as a possible target, with the Partenopei's manager Rafa Benitiez reported to be willing to reunite with his former player even at the cost of losing Inler.
Agger has struggled to get regular game-time under Rodgers this season and would definitely benefit from a move away from Anfield.
Meanwhile, Inler, 29, has been fantastic for the Naples based outfit. Playing the role of holding midfielder, the Swiss international is making 3.1 succesful tackles per game, while distributing the ball with an accuracy of 87.3 per cent.
Rodgers, who recently lost the race to signing Basel's Mohamed Salah to Chelsea, must move quickly if he really wants to have a more than decent back-up for the the injured Leiva.
For more football news, follow IBTimes Football on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge