Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Consider Defender-for-Midfielder Switch with Napoli
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 28, 2014 11:57 PM EST
Liverpool defender could be Serie A bound as Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to find an immediate cover for his injured midfielder Lucas Leiva.
Liverpool's Daniel Agger could be exchanged for Napoli midfielder Gokhan Inler
Napoli's Gokhan Inler is eyed as a possible target, with the Partenopei's manager Rafa Benitiez reported to be willing to reunite with his former player even at the cost of losing Inler.
Agger has struggled to get regular game-time under Rodgers this season and would definitely benefit from a move away from Anfield.
Meanwhile, Inler, 29, has been fantastic for the Naples based outfit. Playing the role of holding midfielder, the Swiss international is making 3.1 succesful tackles per game, while distributing the ball with an accuracy of 87.3 per cent.
Rodgers, who recently lost the race to signing Basel's Mohamed Salah to Chelsea, must move quickly if he really wants to have a more than decent back-up for the the injured Leiva.
For more football news, follow IBTimes Football on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider