Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Consider Defender-for-Midfielder Switch with Napoli
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 28, 2014 11:57 PM EST
Liverpool defender could be Serie A bound as Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to find an immediate cover for his injured midfielder Lucas Leiva.
Liverpool's Daniel Agger could be exchanged for Napoli midfielder Gokhan Inler
Napoli's Gokhan Inler is eyed as a possible target, with the Partenopei's manager Rafa Benitiez reported to be willing to reunite with his former player even at the cost of losing Inler.
Agger has struggled to get regular game-time under Rodgers this season and would definitely benefit from a move away from Anfield.
Meanwhile, Inler, 29, has been fantastic for the Naples based outfit. Playing the role of holding midfielder, the Swiss international is making 3.1 succesful tackles per game, while distributing the ball with an accuracy of 87.3 per cent.
Rodgers, who recently lost the race to signing Basel's Mohamed Salah to Chelsea, must move quickly if he really wants to have a more than decent back-up for the the injured Leiva.
For more football news, follow IBTimes Football on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar