Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Consider Defender-for-Midfielder Switch with Napoli
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 28, 2014 11:57 PM EST
Liverpool defender could be Serie A bound as Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to find an immediate cover for his injured midfielder Lucas Leiva.
Liverpool's Daniel Agger could be exchanged for Napoli midfielder Gokhan Inler
Napoli's Gokhan Inler is eyed as a possible target, with the Partenopei's manager Rafa Benitiez reported to be willing to reunite with his former player even at the cost of losing Inler.
Agger has struggled to get regular game-time under Rodgers this season and would definitely benefit from a move away from Anfield.
Meanwhile, Inler, 29, has been fantastic for the Naples based outfit. Playing the role of holding midfielder, the Swiss international is making 3.1 succesful tackles per game, while distributing the ball with an accuracy of 87.3 per cent.
Rodgers, who recently lost the race to signing Basel's Mohamed Salah to Chelsea, must move quickly if he really wants to have a more than decent back-up for the the injured Leiva.
For more football news, follow IBTimes Football on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia