Titanfall Beta to Roll Out for PC and Xbox One, Confirms Developer
By Aditya Bhat | January 28, 2014 11:18 PM EST
After a few leaks and teasers, developer Respawn Entertainment has officially confirmed that Titanfall Beta will now be rolling out for PC and Xbox One.
The confirmation comes directly from Vince Zampella, the co-founder of Respawn. He tweeted, "I'm sure no one has been able to guess from the leaks. PC and Xbox One Beta!"
Titanfall will release on 11 March 2014. (titanfall.com)
This was all the information available for the Beta version of the game. Details were not forthcoming on the Beta for Xbox 360, which has been dismissed by CVG as "unlikely."
Also, mid-February will see Respawn hosting a week-long beta, according to a leak by French retailer. The game developer revealed that it had a "a limited technical test" of the game's beta version last week.
This FPS game will allow players to battle in multiplayer-only matches, piloting huge mechs called Titans, set in a fictional environment of a war torn and forsaken planet. The game is likely to be a huge boost to Xbox and Microsoft's business. Players can either be on the Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation (IMC) or the Militia teams. There are three classes of Titans: Atlas, Ogre and Stryder.
Each match will be capped at six human players, and each team can support close to 12 AI players along with human players. Also the AIs in the game are a class of character themselves. However, in a match there will be 48 combatants altogether, including the mechs and AI bots.
The game gives players the flexibility in mobility with three-story-high jumps, wall running and double jumps. No part of the environment in the game is off limits for the player.
The game is expected to roll out for PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on 11 March for North America and 14 March for UK.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date