Titanfall Beta to Roll Out for PC and Xbox One, Confirms Developer
By Aditya Bhat | January 28, 2014 11:18 PM EST
After a few leaks and teasers, developer Respawn Entertainment has officially confirmed that Titanfall Beta will now be rolling out for PC and Xbox One.
The confirmation comes directly from Vince Zampella, the co-founder of Respawn. He tweeted, "I'm sure no one has been able to guess from the leaks. PC and Xbox One Beta!"
Titanfall will release on 11 March 2014. (titanfall.com)
This was all the information available for the Beta version of the game. Details were not forthcoming on the Beta for Xbox 360, which has been dismissed by CVG as "unlikely."
Also, mid-February will see Respawn hosting a week-long beta, according to a leak by French retailer. The game developer revealed that it had a "a limited technical test" of the game's beta version last week.
This FPS game will allow players to battle in multiplayer-only matches, piloting huge mechs called Titans, set in a fictional environment of a war torn and forsaken planet. The game is likely to be a huge boost to Xbox and Microsoft's business. Players can either be on the Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation (IMC) or the Militia teams. There are three classes of Titans: Atlas, Ogre and Stryder.
Each match will be capped at six human players, and each team can support close to 12 AI players along with human players. Also the AIs in the game are a class of character themselves. However, in a match there will be 48 combatants altogether, including the mechs and AI bots.
The game gives players the flexibility in mobility with three-story-high jumps, wall running and double jumps. No part of the environment in the game is off limits for the player.
The game is expected to roll out for PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on 11 March for North America and 14 March for UK.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2