Titanfall Beta to Roll Out for PC and Xbox One, Confirms Developer
By Aditya Bhat | January 28, 2014 11:18 PM EST
After a few leaks and teasers, developer Respawn Entertainment has officially confirmed that Titanfall Beta will now be rolling out for PC and Xbox One.
The confirmation comes directly from Vince Zampella, the co-founder of Respawn. He tweeted, "I'm sure no one has been able to guess from the leaks. PC and Xbox One Beta!"
Titanfall will release on 11 March 2014. (titanfall.com)
This was all the information available for the Beta version of the game. Details were not forthcoming on the Beta for Xbox 360, which has been dismissed by CVG as "unlikely."
Also, mid-February will see Respawn hosting a week-long beta, according to a leak by French retailer. The game developer revealed that it had a "a limited technical test" of the game's beta version last week.
This FPS game will allow players to battle in multiplayer-only matches, piloting huge mechs called Titans, set in a fictional environment of a war torn and forsaken planet. The game is likely to be a huge boost to Xbox and Microsoft's business. Players can either be on the Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation (IMC) or the Militia teams. There are three classes of Titans: Atlas, Ogre and Stryder.
Each match will be capped at six human players, and each team can support close to 12 AI players along with human players. Also the AIs in the game are a class of character themselves. However, in a match there will be 48 combatants altogether, including the mechs and AI bots.
The game gives players the flexibility in mobility with three-story-high jumps, wall running and double jumps. No part of the environment in the game is off limits for the player.
The game is expected to roll out for PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on 11 March for North America and 14 March for UK.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28