Titanfall Beta to Roll Out for PC and Xbox One, Confirms Developer
By Aditya Bhat | January 28, 2014 11:18 PM EST
After a few leaks and teasers, developer Respawn Entertainment has officially confirmed that Titanfall Beta will now be rolling out for PC and Xbox One.
The confirmation comes directly from Vince Zampella, the co-founder of Respawn. He tweeted, "I'm sure no one has been able to guess from the leaks. PC and Xbox One Beta!"
Titanfall will release on 11 March 2014. (titanfall.com)
This was all the information available for the Beta version of the game. Details were not forthcoming on the Beta for Xbox 360, which has been dismissed by CVG as "unlikely."
Also, mid-February will see Respawn hosting a week-long beta, according to a leak by French retailer. The game developer revealed that it had a "a limited technical test" of the game's beta version last week.
This FPS game will allow players to battle in multiplayer-only matches, piloting huge mechs called Titans, set in a fictional environment of a war torn and forsaken planet. The game is likely to be a huge boost to Xbox and Microsoft's business. Players can either be on the Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation (IMC) or the Militia teams. There are three classes of Titans: Atlas, Ogre and Stryder.
Each match will be capped at six human players, and each team can support close to 12 AI players along with human players. Also the AIs in the game are a class of character themselves. However, in a match there will be 48 combatants altogether, including the mechs and AI bots.
The game gives players the flexibility in mobility with three-story-high jumps, wall running and double jumps. No part of the environment in the game is off limits for the player.
The game is expected to roll out for PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on 11 March for North America and 14 March for UK.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS