Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Favoured to Land Southampton Left-back Over United
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 28, 2014 9:57 PM EST
While age is catching up with Chelsea first-choice left-back Ashley Cole, the Blues are looking to land the one of the brightest talents in that position from Southampton.
Chelsea is favoured to land Southampton's Luke Shaw (right) this coming summer
Luke Shaw has caught the eyes of big clubs like Manchester United and Chelsea because of his strings of impressive performances, supporting attacks from the back, for the Saints this season.
With the January transfer window entering its final four days and a transfer involving the 18-year-old wonder appears to be unlikely, the west Londoners still seem to be the favoured club coming into the summer window.
Shaw, who once played at the Blues' development centre, but did not make it to the academy, admitted that he is an avid supporter of the club and would have wanted to ply his trade at Stamford Bridge.
However, the recent developments concerning Southampton's ambition to sustain their form in the Premier League will make it harder for interested clubs to convince the Saints to make their key players leave St. Mary's Stadium.
In any case, the likes of Chelsea and United will have to be ready to shell out a larger amount to make this move possible.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’