Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Favoured to Land Southampton Left-back Over United
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 28, 2014 9:57 PM EST
While age is catching up with Chelsea first-choice left-back Ashley Cole, the Blues are looking to land the one of the brightest talents in that position from Southampton.
Chelsea is favoured to land Southampton's Luke Shaw (right) this coming summer
Luke Shaw has caught the eyes of big clubs like Manchester United and Chelsea because of his strings of impressive performances, supporting attacks from the back, for the Saints this season.
With the January transfer window entering its final four days and a transfer involving the 18-year-old wonder appears to be unlikely, the west Londoners still seem to be the favoured club coming into the summer window.
Shaw, who once played at the Blues' development centre, but did not make it to the academy, admitted that he is an avid supporter of the club and would have wanted to ply his trade at Stamford Bridge.
However, the recent developments concerning Southampton's ambition to sustain their form in the Premier League will make it harder for interested clubs to convince the Saints to make their key players leave St. Mary's Stadium.
In any case, the likes of Chelsea and United will have to be ready to shell out a larger amount to make this move possible.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar