Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Favoured to Land Southampton Left-back Over United
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 28, 2014 9:57 PM EST
While age is catching up with Chelsea first-choice left-back Ashley Cole, the Blues are looking to land the one of the brightest talents in that position from Southampton.
Chelsea is favoured to land Southampton's Luke Shaw (right) this coming summer
Luke Shaw has caught the eyes of big clubs like Manchester United and Chelsea because of his strings of impressive performances, supporting attacks from the back, for the Saints this season.
With the January transfer window entering its final four days and a transfer involving the 18-year-old wonder appears to be unlikely, the west Londoners still seem to be the favoured club coming into the summer window.
Shaw, who once played at the Blues' development centre, but did not make it to the academy, admitted that he is an avid supporter of the club and would have wanted to ply his trade at Stamford Bridge.
However, the recent developments concerning Southampton's ambition to sustain their form in the Premier League will make it harder for interested clubs to convince the Saints to make their key players leave St. Mary's Stadium.
In any case, the likes of Chelsea and United will have to be ready to shell out a larger amount to make this move possible.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]