Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Favoured to Land Southampton Left-back Over United
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 28, 2014 9:57 PM EST
While age is catching up with Chelsea first-choice left-back Ashley Cole, the Blues are looking to land the one of the brightest talents in that position from Southampton.
Chelsea is favoured to land Southampton's Luke Shaw (right) this coming summer
Luke Shaw has caught the eyes of big clubs like Manchester United and Chelsea because of his strings of impressive performances, supporting attacks from the back, for the Saints this season.
With the January transfer window entering its final four days and a transfer involving the 18-year-old wonder appears to be unlikely, the west Londoners still seem to be the favoured club coming into the summer window.
Shaw, who once played at the Blues' development centre, but did not make it to the academy, admitted that he is an avid supporter of the club and would have wanted to ply his trade at Stamford Bridge.
However, the recent developments concerning Southampton's ambition to sustain their form in the Premier League will make it harder for interested clubs to convince the Saints to make their key players leave St. Mary's Stadium.
In any case, the likes of Chelsea and United will have to be ready to shell out a larger amount to make this move possible.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight