SHOCKER: Jude Law Reveals Affair Between Sienna Miller and Daniel Craig, Says NoW Paid Relatives to Leak Story
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 28, 2014 8:32 PM EST
British actor Jude Law made a scandalous revelation during the News of the World phone hacking trial on Monday, explaining that he confronted his pal Daniel Craig over phone, for his alleged affair with his then girlfriend Sienna Miller. He said that he was shocked to know that the tabloid paid his relatives to leak the story.
Jude Law cheated on Sienna Miller with Daniel Craig
The 41-year-old actor was asked several questions, including some about his former fiancée Miller's affair.
Law was in a relationship with Miller after ending his 10-year marriage with Sadie Frost, when News of the World broke the news of the alleged affair with the headline "Sienna cheats on Jude" in 2005, The incident took place around the time his phone was hacked.
"The Holiday" actor told the jury during the proceedings that he questioned his close friend Craig on discovering that he had an affair with his then fiancée. Law is also said to have asked Craig to reveal the story to his then girlfriend Satsuki Mitchell.
"Did you make any reference to his then-girlfriend Satsuki Mitchell?" asked the QC, to which the actor replied, "I don't remember if that was her name, but more than likely yes. We had known each other for many, many years, so the conversation took all sorts of turns,"
Langdale asked: "Were you indicating to him that he ought to tell her about this?" Law replied: "Yes, I think that's correct, I did."
The actor also revealed that he was shocked to know that his relatives were paid by News of the World to leak the stories.
"I was made aware very recently that there had been some kind of communication with this person and several others in and around and about this period of time. I was never aware any money had been exchanged," London Evening Standard quoted the actor as telling the jury.
Law and Miller ended their relationship in 2006, not long after the former issued a public apology for having an affair with nanny Daisy Wright and the reports of the latter having an affair with actor Craig was published by News of the World. Miller married actor Tom Sturridge, and Craig married actress Rachel Weisz, both in 2011
It may be recalled that News of the World, which was the biggest selling English language newspaper in the world at one point of time, was closed down in 2011 over public backlash for alleged phone hacking to get exclusives. Former editors of the paper, Andy Coulson and Clive Goodman were arrested in 2007, while former executive editor Neil Wallis and former editor Rebekah Brooks were taken into custody in 2011 over allegations of phone hacking. Brooks and Coulson are currently under trial for charges against them.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Incest Charges For Georgia Siblings Who Had Sex Thrice After Watching The Notebook
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos and Fellatio Video Hacker Could Face 10 Years In Prison
- 3 Years Jail In Australian Prison For Former Playboy Model Brandi Brandt Over Cocaine Smugglng
- X-Men Director Bryan Singer Faces Sexual Assault Charges From 21-Year-Old Virginia Man
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How