Bajaj KTM 390 Duke to Come in Midnight Black Variant
By greeshma m | January 28, 2014 8:28 PM EST
Bajaj KTM 390 Duke will now be available in Midnight Black colour variant in India beside its signature white shade.
The new Midnight Black variant which first appeared at the EICMA show in Milan, Italy, in November 2013 will now be available at KTM's dealerships across the country. According to reports, the company has started accepting bookings for the new colour scheme and is likely to start delivery soon.
KTM 390 Duke, India's first mid-size sports bike, has been a success ever since its entry into the domestic market last June. The bike, which has been conceptualised, developed and designed at the company's local Chakan production facility in Maharashtra, packs an engine that delivers 43.5 ps of power and 35 NM of torque.
"Packing in 44PS of power and 35Nm of torque and weighing only 154 Kg (kerb weight), the 390 Duke has truly been India's first mid-size sports bike. With the introduction of the new black color KTM fans will have the option of choosing a color that expresses them best,"said Amit Nandi vice president (Probiking) as quoted by OverDrive.
KTM which markets its bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto currently sells KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country .The company, which is looking to expand its presence in the domestic market, is speculated to show off its RC200 and RC390 models at the 2014 Auto Expo in Delhi which is scheduled in February. Recently, KTM's India website had listed the RC 200 and RC 390 models under the 'coming soon' tag, indicating their imminent arrival in the sub-continent.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date