Bajaj KTM 390 Duke to Come in Midnight Black Variant
By greeshma m | January 28, 2014 8:28 PM EST
Bajaj KTM 390 Duke will now be available in Midnight Black colour variant in India beside its signature white shade.
The new Midnight Black variant which first appeared at the EICMA show in Milan, Italy, in November 2013 will now be available at KTM's dealerships across the country. According to reports, the company has started accepting bookings for the new colour scheme and is likely to start delivery soon.
KTM 390 Duke, India's first mid-size sports bike, has been a success ever since its entry into the domestic market last June. The bike, which has been conceptualised, developed and designed at the company's local Chakan production facility in Maharashtra, packs an engine that delivers 43.5 ps of power and 35 NM of torque.
"Packing in 44PS of power and 35Nm of torque and weighing only 154 Kg (kerb weight), the 390 Duke has truly been India's first mid-size sports bike. With the introduction of the new black color KTM fans will have the option of choosing a color that expresses them best,"said Amit Nandi vice president (Probiking) as quoted by OverDrive.
KTM which markets its bikes through its India partner Bajaj Auto currently sells KTM Duke 200 and Duke 390 in the country .The company, which is looking to expand its presence in the domestic market, is speculated to show off its RC200 and RC390 models at the 2014 Auto Expo in Delhi which is scheduled in February. Recently, KTM's India website had listed the RC 200 and RC 390 models under the 'coming soon' tag, indicating their imminent arrival in the sub-continent.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People