Galaxy Gear 2 Release Date in March or April to Feature Different Design & Flexible Display
By Karla Danica Figuerres | January 28, 2014 8:21 PM EST
Samsung is prepping to launch the second generation smartwatch, now called the Galaxy Gear 2 with flexible display. The Korean tech giant is rumoured to launch the Galaxy Gear 2 in March or April at an event in London. It is the same event that is rumoured as the venue where Samsung will hold the Galaxy S5 launch.
Unlike what critics say, the Galaxy Gear is a nice smartwatch but when it comes to its aesthetic design, it is somewhat rather uninspired. Basically, if you are a fashion-savvy individual, you might find trouble matching it with your everyday attire. Samsung recognised this issue and it has acknowledged that it could have done better with the Galaxy Gear. Currently, it is working hard on crafting the Galaxy Gear 2 to be a more fashionable wearable gadget.
Rumours say that the Galaxy Gear 2 will come with significant improvements especially with its aesthetics. It will sport a screen with flexible OLED similar to the curved screen of the LG G Flex and the Galaxy Round, not to mention that it will feature a brand new design that will match with the curvy screen pretty well.
While there is no doubt that Samsung has beaten Google, LG and even Apple in the race to release a smartwatch, the expected new wearable gadget entries for 2014 push the Korean tech giant to introduce innovative improvements to the Galaxy Gear to maintain its current competitive advantage in the market.
The original design and software of the Galaxy Gear were notably lacking and we are expecting Samsung to do better and turn things around with the next generation smartwatch.
Thus far, we are expecting to see the Galaxy Gear soon and as rumours suggest we might see it alongside the announcement of the next flagship smartphone of Samsung, now called the Galaxy S5. All we can do at this point is to wait and see the improvements of the Galaxy Gear 2 that Samsung has in store for us.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness