Galaxy Gear 2 Release Date in March or April to Feature Different Design & Flexible Display
By Karla Danica Figuerres | January 28, 2014 8:21 PM EST
Samsung is prepping to launch the second generation smartwatch, now called the Galaxy Gear 2 with flexible display. The Korean tech giant is rumoured to launch the Galaxy Gear 2 in March or April at an event in London. It is the same event that is rumoured as the venue where Samsung will hold the Galaxy S5 launch.
Unlike what critics say, the Galaxy Gear is a nice smartwatch but when it comes to its aesthetic design, it is somewhat rather uninspired. Basically, if you are a fashion-savvy individual, you might find trouble matching it with your everyday attire. Samsung recognised this issue and it has acknowledged that it could have done better with the Galaxy Gear. Currently, it is working hard on crafting the Galaxy Gear 2 to be a more fashionable wearable gadget.
Rumours say that the Galaxy Gear 2 will come with significant improvements especially with its aesthetics. It will sport a screen with flexible OLED similar to the curved screen of the LG G Flex and the Galaxy Round, not to mention that it will feature a brand new design that will match with the curvy screen pretty well.
While there is no doubt that Samsung has beaten Google, LG and even Apple in the race to release a smartwatch, the expected new wearable gadget entries for 2014 push the Korean tech giant to introduce innovative improvements to the Galaxy Gear to maintain its current competitive advantage in the market.
The original design and software of the Galaxy Gear were notably lacking and we are expecting Samsung to do better and turn things around with the next generation smartwatch.
Thus far, we are expecting to see the Galaxy Gear soon and as rumours suggest we might see it alongside the announcement of the next flagship smartphone of Samsung, now called the Galaxy S5. All we can do at this point is to wait and see the improvements of the Galaxy Gear 2 that Samsung has in store for us.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]