Sony Teases Big Video Game Announcements for E3 2014
By Aditya Bhat | January 28, 2014 8:20 PM EST
The year 2013 heralded the introduction of next-generation video game consoles from Sony and Microsoft - PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. These marked newer games with better graphics for both the consoles.
Sony tells Destiny will be big on PlayStation 4.
"It's going to be a massive content year. We've talked publically that there's a huge and significant amount of games coming this year to the PlayStation 4. We'll be showing a lot of those and it is going to be an exciting moment for many people. I can officially confirm that what is coming next is really spectacular," he said.
"The types of games that are coming are absolutely fantastic. We've already talked about some of these already, but games like Destiny, which is the game from Bungie that is really going to be a show piece as to what makes the PlayStation 4 so special. There's a lot of innovation. That's something that we really want to push," Koller added.
He later said that the PlayStation 4 is an innovative engine and it is this aspect of the console that allows Sony to talk more about it.
Koller also spoke about Uncharted video game that will be releasing for PlayStation 4. "Well we did announce that a new Uncharted game is coming. We announced that on launch night actually. It's Uncharted for PS4, but we haven't announced many details, so that may be an interesting thing to tune in for at E3."
Meanwhile, Microsoft's Phil Spencer batted for the brand's Xbox One and tweeted: "We will have announces (sic) in 2014, already working on the plan. I want to have a great E3 this year."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia