15 Reasons Why Upgrade to Sony Xperia Sirius from Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Series Smartphones
By Ryan Inoyori | January 28, 2014 8:02 PM EST
Camera images shot by the alleged Sony Xperia Sirius leaked and got matched with Xperia Z1. Even with the same hardware, Sirius still takes images better than Z1 using Superior Auto. So if you want the best Sony smartphone, here are the top reasons why you should upgrade.
Sony D6503 Sirius challenged the Xperia Z1 on a camera bout using Superior Auto mode. Based on the leaked images of camera captures, Xperia Sirius boasts a better camera than Z1 even with relatively the same hardware components.
Under Superior Auto mode with and without flash, Sirius produces better quality with less noise and better light reproduction than Z1. Moreover, Sirius can really rely alone to its own flash without making photos appear ghostly or misty unlike with what Z1 showed on the leak.
Display and Resolution
Sirius and Z1 have close display details such as 1080p and possibly the ppi rating. However, Sony upgrade the screen to 5.25 inches instead of using Z1's. In addition, Sirius features Triluminos and X-Reality engine, Smart Backlight control, double tap to wake up, Touch block feature and white balance app.
Sirius is set to be released with Android 4.4.2 KitKat and all-new Xperia home UI. Unlike with Z1, Sirius has two Xperia home launchers for expert and basic users similar to what Samsung did on their latest devices. You can also customise the notification and status bars according to what you like.
Aside from better light reproduction and less noise, Sirius features several modes including 4K video recording, all-new TimeShift video with slow motion and Background Defocus which are all separate apps for Z1. It still features AR effect, Creative effect and Info-eye on top of all new camera modes.
Sony decided to improve audio output on Sirius by adding S-Force engine on top of default ones such as Clear Phase and xLOUD engines. Sirius also offer Printing options, What's New shortcut beside Google Now, sound menus for accessories and USB DAC support for music enthusiasts.
Sony Sirius could be smartest among all Xperia smartphones ever releases and the company didn't just focused on hardware but added new software to deliver convenience and better performance.
1. Glove mode enabled
2. Smart call handling for gesture controls
3. Double tap to awake screen
4. Answering machine is free
5. More themes via My Xperia themes
6. Changeable default SMS client
7. External USB OTB support
8. Updated Location services
9. Enhanced power saving tools
10. Close All button on the recent apps
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance