'Yevadu' Box Office Collection: Ram Charan Starrer Mints over ₹37 Crore in Andhra Pradesh
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 28, 2014 7:23 PM EST
Ram Charan's "Yevadu" is nearing the ₹40-crore mark (share) at the Andhra Pradesh box office.
"Yevadu", an action-packed entertainer directed by Vamsi Paidipally, has earned over ₹37 crore in 16 days (12-27 January) in Andhra Pradesh.
According to AndhraBoxOffice website, "Yevadu" raked in ₹37.6 crore (share) in AP. The film's territory wise break up is: Nizam (₹12.08 crore), Ceeded (₹7.51 crore), Vizag (₹4.55 crore), East (₹3.23 crore), West (₹2.62 crore), Krishna (₹2.27 crore), Guntur (3.38 crore) and Nellore (₹1.96 crore).
"Yevadu" performed well in the first week, but the film's collections dropped on the second week. However, it managed to lead the AP box office as "1 Nenokkadine" (the other big Sankranti release) failed to set the cash registers ringing.
The Ram Charan starrer has managed to sustain its business even in the third week as new releases failed to create an impact. The action entertainer has already surpassed the ₹40-crore mark (share) at the worldwide box office and is fast approaching the ₹50-crore mark.
"Yevadu" is expected to continue its good run until this Friday (31 January), when two big films will hit the screens. Nithiin's "Heart Attack" and Manchu family's "Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda" are set for a big release. Since two biggies are releasing, the screen count for Ram Charan's "Yevadu" is likely to decline and in turn, it might affect the film's collections.
The Ram Charan starrer is a revenge drama with all commercial elements. The film received mixed reviews from critics, but received thumbs up from the audience. The success of "Yevadu" should bring a sense of relief for Ram Charan whose last release "Thoofan" ("Zanjeer" in Hindi) turned out to be a big disaster.
The actor will be hoping to continue his success streak with his upcoming flick, directed by Krishna Vamsi. The untitled project is touted to be a family entertainer and is set to go on floors in February.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28