'Yevadu' Box Office Collection: Ram Charan Starrer Mints over ₹37 Crore in Andhra Pradesh
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 28, 2014 7:23 PM EST
Ram Charan's "Yevadu" is nearing the ₹40-crore mark (share) at the Andhra Pradesh box office.
"Yevadu", an action-packed entertainer directed by Vamsi Paidipally, has earned over ₹37 crore in 16 days (12-27 January) in Andhra Pradesh.
According to AndhraBoxOffice website, "Yevadu" raked in ₹37.6 crore (share) in AP. The film's territory wise break up is: Nizam (₹12.08 crore), Ceeded (₹7.51 crore), Vizag (₹4.55 crore), East (₹3.23 crore), West (₹2.62 crore), Krishna (₹2.27 crore), Guntur (3.38 crore) and Nellore (₹1.96 crore).
"Yevadu" performed well in the first week, but the film's collections dropped on the second week. However, it managed to lead the AP box office as "1 Nenokkadine" (the other big Sankranti release) failed to set the cash registers ringing.
The Ram Charan starrer has managed to sustain its business even in the third week as new releases failed to create an impact. The action entertainer has already surpassed the ₹40-crore mark (share) at the worldwide box office and is fast approaching the ₹50-crore mark.
"Yevadu" is expected to continue its good run until this Friday (31 January), when two big films will hit the screens. Nithiin's "Heart Attack" and Manchu family's "Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda" are set for a big release. Since two biggies are releasing, the screen count for Ram Charan's "Yevadu" is likely to decline and in turn, it might affect the film's collections.
The Ram Charan starrer is a revenge drama with all commercial elements. The film received mixed reviews from critics, but received thumbs up from the audience. The success of "Yevadu" should bring a sense of relief for Ram Charan whose last release "Thoofan" ("Zanjeer" in Hindi) turned out to be a big disaster.
The actor will be hoping to continue his success streak with his upcoming flick, directed by Krishna Vamsi. The untitled project is touted to be a family entertainer and is set to go on floors in February.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft