'Yevadu' Box Office Collection: Ram Charan Starrer Mints over ₹37 Crore in Andhra Pradesh
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 28, 2014 7:23 PM EST
Ram Charan's "Yevadu" is nearing the ₹40-crore mark (share) at the Andhra Pradesh box office.
"Yevadu", an action-packed entertainer directed by Vamsi Paidipally, has earned over ₹37 crore in 16 days (12-27 January) in Andhra Pradesh.
According to AndhraBoxOffice website, "Yevadu" raked in ₹37.6 crore (share) in AP. The film's territory wise break up is: Nizam (₹12.08 crore), Ceeded (₹7.51 crore), Vizag (₹4.55 crore), East (₹3.23 crore), West (₹2.62 crore), Krishna (₹2.27 crore), Guntur (3.38 crore) and Nellore (₹1.96 crore).
"Yevadu" performed well in the first week, but the film's collections dropped on the second week. However, it managed to lead the AP box office as "1 Nenokkadine" (the other big Sankranti release) failed to set the cash registers ringing.
The Ram Charan starrer has managed to sustain its business even in the third week as new releases failed to create an impact. The action entertainer has already surpassed the ₹40-crore mark (share) at the worldwide box office and is fast approaching the ₹50-crore mark.
"Yevadu" is expected to continue its good run until this Friday (31 January), when two big films will hit the screens. Nithiin's "Heart Attack" and Manchu family's "Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda" are set for a big release. Since two biggies are releasing, the screen count for Ram Charan's "Yevadu" is likely to decline and in turn, it might affect the film's collections.
The Ram Charan starrer is a revenge drama with all commercial elements. The film received mixed reviews from critics, but received thumbs up from the audience. The success of "Yevadu" should bring a sense of relief for Ram Charan whose last release "Thoofan" ("Zanjeer" in Hindi) turned out to be a big disaster.
The actor will be hoping to continue his success streak with his upcoming flick, directed by Krishna Vamsi. The untitled project is touted to be a family entertainer and is set to go on floors in February.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier