'Yevadu' Box Office Collection: Ram Charan Starrer Mints over ₹37 Crore in Andhra Pradesh
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 28, 2014 7:23 PM EST
Ram Charan's "Yevadu" is nearing the ₹40-crore mark (share) at the Andhra Pradesh box office.
"Yevadu", an action-packed entertainer directed by Vamsi Paidipally, has earned over ₹37 crore in 16 days (12-27 January) in Andhra Pradesh.
According to AndhraBoxOffice website, "Yevadu" raked in ₹37.6 crore (share) in AP. The film's territory wise break up is: Nizam (₹12.08 crore), Ceeded (₹7.51 crore), Vizag (₹4.55 crore), East (₹3.23 crore), West (₹2.62 crore), Krishna (₹2.27 crore), Guntur (3.38 crore) and Nellore (₹1.96 crore).
"Yevadu" performed well in the first week, but the film's collections dropped on the second week. However, it managed to lead the AP box office as "1 Nenokkadine" (the other big Sankranti release) failed to set the cash registers ringing.
The Ram Charan starrer has managed to sustain its business even in the third week as new releases failed to create an impact. The action entertainer has already surpassed the ₹40-crore mark (share) at the worldwide box office and is fast approaching the ₹50-crore mark.
"Yevadu" is expected to continue its good run until this Friday (31 January), when two big films will hit the screens. Nithiin's "Heart Attack" and Manchu family's "Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda" are set for a big release. Since two biggies are releasing, the screen count for Ram Charan's "Yevadu" is likely to decline and in turn, it might affect the film's collections.
The Ram Charan starrer is a revenge drama with all commercial elements. The film received mixed reviews from critics, but received thumbs up from the audience. The success of "Yevadu" should bring a sense of relief for Ram Charan whose last release "Thoofan" ("Zanjeer" in Hindi) turned out to be a big disaster.
The actor will be hoping to continue his success streak with his upcoming flick, directed by Krishna Vamsi. The untitled project is touted to be a family entertainer and is set to go on floors in February.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2