'Yevadu' Box Office Collection: Ram Charan Starrer Mints over ₹37 Crore in Andhra Pradesh
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 28, 2014 7:23 PM EST
Ram Charan's "Yevadu" is nearing the ₹40-crore mark (share) at the Andhra Pradesh box office.
"Yevadu", an action-packed entertainer directed by Vamsi Paidipally, has earned over ₹37 crore in 16 days (12-27 January) in Andhra Pradesh.
According to AndhraBoxOffice website, "Yevadu" raked in ₹37.6 crore (share) in AP. The film's territory wise break up is: Nizam (₹12.08 crore), Ceeded (₹7.51 crore), Vizag (₹4.55 crore), East (₹3.23 crore), West (₹2.62 crore), Krishna (₹2.27 crore), Guntur (3.38 crore) and Nellore (₹1.96 crore).
"Yevadu" performed well in the first week, but the film's collections dropped on the second week. However, it managed to lead the AP box office as "1 Nenokkadine" (the other big Sankranti release) failed to set the cash registers ringing.
The Ram Charan starrer has managed to sustain its business even in the third week as new releases failed to create an impact. The action entertainer has already surpassed the ₹40-crore mark (share) at the worldwide box office and is fast approaching the ₹50-crore mark.
"Yevadu" is expected to continue its good run until this Friday (31 January), when two big films will hit the screens. Nithiin's "Heart Attack" and Manchu family's "Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda" are set for a big release. Since two biggies are releasing, the screen count for Ram Charan's "Yevadu" is likely to decline and in turn, it might affect the film's collections.
The Ram Charan starrer is a revenge drama with all commercial elements. The film received mixed reviews from critics, but received thumbs up from the audience. The success of "Yevadu" should bring a sense of relief for Ram Charan whose last release "Thoofan" ("Zanjeer" in Hindi) turned out to be a big disaster.
The actor will be hoping to continue his success streak with his upcoming flick, directed by Krishna Vamsi. The untitled project is touted to be a family entertainer and is set to go on floors in February.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies