iPhone 6 to Ditch Curved Screen to Pack Bigger Display?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 28, 2014 6:46 PM EST
iPhone 6 may not pack a curved display after all to make way for a bigger screen panel.
New rumours claimed that Apple will most probably snob a flexible screen as the idea of curved display has fallen away. There is no confirmation from Apple yet whether it will pack a curved display.
Dani Yako via Concept-Phones
iPhone 6 Concept Image by Dani Yako
However, the tech industry speculated that Apple had a hard time integrating touchscreen technology in the curved screen. Apple may have decided to drop the use of flexible screen rather than delaying the imminent release of the next iPhone.
Rumours claimed that two models of iPhone will be coming this year - one with at least half inch addition on the screen size and a bigger model with at least an inch of excess. Grapevine said that iPhone 6 models will come with 4.7 inch and 5.7 inch screens.
Both versions are believed to come in metallic chassis as last year's iPhone 5C is considered as a miss and failed to meet Apple's sales expectations. The pricing details of the rumoured iPhones are still undisclosed. However, Apple will most likely apply its previous pricing strategy to the upcoming handsets.
Meanwhile, rumours suggest that iPhone 6 will be powered by A8 processor and will run with iOS 8. It is most likely that iPhone 5S' fingerprint sensor will be retained but will be packed with new capabilities. Moreover, Apple patents suggest possible specifications that consumers can expect such as a curved or flexible screen embedded by durable material called liquidmetal and reinforced by Sapphire glass covering, an improved Siri as well as gestures control. Apple has not confirmed yet whether these are real iPhone 6 features.
As for the release date, iPhone 6 is bound to arrive in late summer, the earliest. Other reports claimed that the smartphone will be launched in September.
It is not a coincidence that iPhone 6 rumours from a reliable source are emerging a month before the Mobile World Congress to be held in Barcelona. Although Apple will not participate in the event, iPhone 6 will be a topic of talk in the event.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast