'1 Nenokkadine' Box Office Collection: Mahesh Babu Starrer Earns over ₹28 Crore Worldwide Share
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 28, 2014 6:42 PM EST
Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine" has earned a share of over ₹28 crore at the worldwide box office.
"1 Nenokkadine" released on 10 January amid huge expectations from fans. The film's trailer and songs had generated a lot of buzz among audiences. It was expected to break the day-1 record of Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi". But the Mahesh Babu starrer opened to mixed reviews from critics as well as fans.
Mahesh Babu in "1 Nenokkadine" (Official Facebook of "1 Nenokkadine")
The psychological thriller fetched a decent amount of ₹8.4 crore (share) on the first day of its release. However, the film's business saw a huge drop on the second day owing to negative word of mouth. "1 Nenokkadine" earned around ₹2 crore share on day 2, which was much lower considering that the film was released in a record number of screens.
The film's business continued to decline in the following days due to negative reviews and the release of another Telugu biggie. Ram Charan's "Yevadu" hit theatres on 12 January, two days after "1 Nenokkadine" was released. Despite getting average reviews, the action-packed entertainer managed to fare well at the box office.
The success of "Yevadu" affected "1 Nenokkadine" and the Mahesh Babu starrer struggled to score decent collections at the box office. The film's performance was poor in Andhra Pradesh, but it did well in the overseas markets. Despite that, "1 Nenokkadine" has turned out to be a flop. The film, which was made on a budget of over ₹60 crore, did not even surpass the ₹30-crore mark (share) at the worldwide box office. Its final collections stood at ₹28.9 crore, according to AndhraBoxOffice website.
Directed by Sukumar, "1 Nenokkadine" had Mahesh Babu playing a rockstar. The actor, who was on a roll with three back-to-back hit films, has now faced a setback with the failure of "1 Nenokkadine". However, his next film is expected to bring him back on track in the Telugu film industry.
The superstar of Telugu cinema will be teaming up with successful commercial director Srinu Vaitla for "Aagadu", which is deemed to be an action-comedy entertainer. The film is expected to release in July or August this year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes