'1 Nenokkadine' Box Office Collection: Mahesh Babu Starrer Earns over ₹28 Crore Worldwide Share
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 28, 2014 6:42 PM EST
Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine" has earned a share of over ₹28 crore at the worldwide box office.
"1 Nenokkadine" released on 10 January amid huge expectations from fans. The film's trailer and songs had generated a lot of buzz among audiences. It was expected to break the day-1 record of Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi". But the Mahesh Babu starrer opened to mixed reviews from critics as well as fans.
Mahesh Babu in "1 Nenokkadine" (Official Facebook of "1 Nenokkadine")
The psychological thriller fetched a decent amount of ₹8.4 crore (share) on the first day of its release. However, the film's business saw a huge drop on the second day owing to negative word of mouth. "1 Nenokkadine" earned around ₹2 crore share on day 2, which was much lower considering that the film was released in a record number of screens.
The film's business continued to decline in the following days due to negative reviews and the release of another Telugu biggie. Ram Charan's "Yevadu" hit theatres on 12 January, two days after "1 Nenokkadine" was released. Despite getting average reviews, the action-packed entertainer managed to fare well at the box office.
The success of "Yevadu" affected "1 Nenokkadine" and the Mahesh Babu starrer struggled to score decent collections at the box office. The film's performance was poor in Andhra Pradesh, but it did well in the overseas markets. Despite that, "1 Nenokkadine" has turned out to be a flop. The film, which was made on a budget of over ₹60 crore, did not even surpass the ₹30-crore mark (share) at the worldwide box office. Its final collections stood at ₹28.9 crore, according to AndhraBoxOffice website.
Directed by Sukumar, "1 Nenokkadine" had Mahesh Babu playing a rockstar. The actor, who was on a roll with three back-to-back hit films, has now faced a setback with the failure of "1 Nenokkadine". However, his next film is expected to bring him back on track in the Telugu film industry.
The superstar of Telugu cinema will be teaming up with successful commercial director Srinu Vaitla for "Aagadu", which is deemed to be an action-comedy entertainer. The film is expected to release in July or August this year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet