'1 Nenokkadine' Box Office Collection: Mahesh Babu Starrer Earns over ₹28 Crore Worldwide Share
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 28, 2014 6:42 PM EST
Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine" has earned a share of over ₹28 crore at the worldwide box office.
"1 Nenokkadine" released on 10 January amid huge expectations from fans. The film's trailer and songs had generated a lot of buzz among audiences. It was expected to break the day-1 record of Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi". But the Mahesh Babu starrer opened to mixed reviews from critics as well as fans.
Mahesh Babu in "1 Nenokkadine" (Official Facebook of "1 Nenokkadine")
The psychological thriller fetched a decent amount of ₹8.4 crore (share) on the first day of its release. However, the film's business saw a huge drop on the second day owing to negative word of mouth. "1 Nenokkadine" earned around ₹2 crore share on day 2, which was much lower considering that the film was released in a record number of screens.
The film's business continued to decline in the following days due to negative reviews and the release of another Telugu biggie. Ram Charan's "Yevadu" hit theatres on 12 January, two days after "1 Nenokkadine" was released. Despite getting average reviews, the action-packed entertainer managed to fare well at the box office.
The success of "Yevadu" affected "1 Nenokkadine" and the Mahesh Babu starrer struggled to score decent collections at the box office. The film's performance was poor in Andhra Pradesh, but it did well in the overseas markets. Despite that, "1 Nenokkadine" has turned out to be a flop. The film, which was made on a budget of over ₹60 crore, did not even surpass the ₹30-crore mark (share) at the worldwide box office. Its final collections stood at ₹28.9 crore, according to AndhraBoxOffice website.
Directed by Sukumar, "1 Nenokkadine" had Mahesh Babu playing a rockstar. The actor, who was on a roll with three back-to-back hit films, has now faced a setback with the failure of "1 Nenokkadine". However, his next film is expected to bring him back on track in the Telugu film industry.
The superstar of Telugu cinema will be teaming up with successful commercial director Srinu Vaitla for "Aagadu", which is deemed to be an action-comedy entertainer. The film is expected to release in July or August this year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga