'1 Nenokkadine' Box Office Collection: Mahesh Babu Starrer Earns over ₹28 Crore Worldwide Share
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 28, 2014 6:42 PM EST
Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine" has earned a share of over ₹28 crore at the worldwide box office.
"1 Nenokkadine" released on 10 January amid huge expectations from fans. The film's trailer and songs had generated a lot of buzz among audiences. It was expected to break the day-1 record of Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi". But the Mahesh Babu starrer opened to mixed reviews from critics as well as fans.
Mahesh Babu in "1 Nenokkadine" (Official Facebook of "1 Nenokkadine")
The psychological thriller fetched a decent amount of ₹8.4 crore (share) on the first day of its release. However, the film's business saw a huge drop on the second day owing to negative word of mouth. "1 Nenokkadine" earned around ₹2 crore share on day 2, which was much lower considering that the film was released in a record number of screens.
The film's business continued to decline in the following days due to negative reviews and the release of another Telugu biggie. Ram Charan's "Yevadu" hit theatres on 12 January, two days after "1 Nenokkadine" was released. Despite getting average reviews, the action-packed entertainer managed to fare well at the box office.
The success of "Yevadu" affected "1 Nenokkadine" and the Mahesh Babu starrer struggled to score decent collections at the box office. The film's performance was poor in Andhra Pradesh, but it did well in the overseas markets. Despite that, "1 Nenokkadine" has turned out to be a flop. The film, which was made on a budget of over ₹60 crore, did not even surpass the ₹30-crore mark (share) at the worldwide box office. Its final collections stood at ₹28.9 crore, according to AndhraBoxOffice website.
Directed by Sukumar, "1 Nenokkadine" had Mahesh Babu playing a rockstar. The actor, who was on a roll with three back-to-back hit films, has now faced a setback with the failure of "1 Nenokkadine". However, his next film is expected to bring him back on track in the Telugu film industry.
The superstar of Telugu cinema will be teaming up with successful commercial director Srinu Vaitla for "Aagadu", which is deemed to be an action-comedy entertainer. The film is expected to release in July or August this year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- 'White Collar' Season 6 RECAP Episode 3: Amy Slaps Neal Caffrey In Uncontrolled Variables [SPOILERS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies