'1 Nenokkadine' Box Office Collection: Mahesh Babu Starrer Earns over ₹28 Crore Worldwide Share
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 28, 2014 6:42 PM EST
Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine" has earned a share of over ₹28 crore at the worldwide box office.
"1 Nenokkadine" released on 10 January amid huge expectations from fans. The film's trailer and songs had generated a lot of buzz among audiences. It was expected to break the day-1 record of Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi". But the Mahesh Babu starrer opened to mixed reviews from critics as well as fans.
Mahesh Babu in "1 Nenokkadine" (Official Facebook of "1 Nenokkadine")
The psychological thriller fetched a decent amount of ₹8.4 crore (share) on the first day of its release. However, the film's business saw a huge drop on the second day owing to negative word of mouth. "1 Nenokkadine" earned around ₹2 crore share on day 2, which was much lower considering that the film was released in a record number of screens.
The film's business continued to decline in the following days due to negative reviews and the release of another Telugu biggie. Ram Charan's "Yevadu" hit theatres on 12 January, two days after "1 Nenokkadine" was released. Despite getting average reviews, the action-packed entertainer managed to fare well at the box office.
The success of "Yevadu" affected "1 Nenokkadine" and the Mahesh Babu starrer struggled to score decent collections at the box office. The film's performance was poor in Andhra Pradesh, but it did well in the overseas markets. Despite that, "1 Nenokkadine" has turned out to be a flop. The film, which was made on a budget of over ₹60 crore, did not even surpass the ₹30-crore mark (share) at the worldwide box office. Its final collections stood at ₹28.9 crore, according to AndhraBoxOffice website.
Directed by Sukumar, "1 Nenokkadine" had Mahesh Babu playing a rockstar. The actor, who was on a roll with three back-to-back hit films, has now faced a setback with the failure of "1 Nenokkadine". However, his next film is expected to bring him back on track in the Telugu film industry.
The superstar of Telugu cinema will be teaming up with successful commercial director Srinu Vaitla for "Aagadu", which is deemed to be an action-comedy entertainer. The film is expected to release in July or August this year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2