Maruti Suzuki's Celerio Demo Cars Hit Indian Showrooms; Bookings Open
By greeshma m | January 28, 2014 6:35 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's next offering Celerio, in the small car segment, is all set to amuse the Indian auto lovers in the next couple of days. The car which has been spied testing on the Indian roads has now been spotted at a company's showrooms.
Sales Down: Maruti Suzuki
Maruti will pull the wraps off Celerio, India's first car equipped with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) on 6 February. Much has been said about the Celerio and the latest is the photographs of the Yellow Celerio demo car, which was seen parked at a showroom. The images were posted online by to Rajesh Dogra on megapowerbosch.blogspot.
The AMT technology dubbed Celerio EZ Drive works like a manual vehicle and gives the flexibility to shift between automatic and manual mode.
The company has already begun accepting bookings for Celelrio with an advance payment of ₹10,000, but is yet to reveal the pricing. The vehicle's price will be announced at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014. According to the latest reports, the deliveries of the new Celerio will start by the end of February 2014.The car will be offered in six trims in the sub-continent market - four with manual transmission and two with AMT EZ Drive clutchless transmission.
On the mechanical front, the Celerio will pack a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can generate a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. Notably the Celerio will give a fuel efficiency of 23.1 km per litre, which is unheard of in that segment. Other features include rear defogger, dual tone interior, steering mounted controls, alloy wheels, driver airbag, electrically adjustable side mirrors and Bluetooth connectivity.
Maruti, a name celebrated for small cars is expected to price the Celerio competitively in the market. Rumours indicate that the manual versions of Celerio will start at ₹3.9 lakh onwards, and the automatic version is likely to fall in the sub-₹5 lakh range.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate