Maruti Suzuki's Celerio Demo Cars Hit Indian Showrooms; Bookings Open
By greeshma m | January 28, 2014 6:35 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's next offering Celerio, in the small car segment, is all set to amuse the Indian auto lovers in the next couple of days. The car which has been spied testing on the Indian roads has now been spotted at a company's showrooms.
Sales Down: Maruti Suzuki
Maruti will pull the wraps off Celerio, India's first car equipped with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) on 6 February. Much has been said about the Celerio and the latest is the photographs of the Yellow Celerio demo car, which was seen parked at a showroom. The images were posted online by to Rajesh Dogra on megapowerbosch.blogspot.
The AMT technology dubbed Celerio EZ Drive works like a manual vehicle and gives the flexibility to shift between automatic and manual mode.
The company has already begun accepting bookings for Celelrio with an advance payment of ₹10,000, but is yet to reveal the pricing. The vehicle's price will be announced at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014. According to the latest reports, the deliveries of the new Celerio will start by the end of February 2014.The car will be offered in six trims in the sub-continent market - four with manual transmission and two with AMT EZ Drive clutchless transmission.
On the mechanical front, the Celerio will pack a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can generate a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. Notably the Celerio will give a fuel efficiency of 23.1 km per litre, which is unheard of in that segment. Other features include rear defogger, dual tone interior, steering mounted controls, alloy wheels, driver airbag, electrically adjustable side mirrors and Bluetooth connectivity.
Maruti, a name celebrated for small cars is expected to price the Celerio competitively in the market. Rumours indicate that the manual versions of Celerio will start at ₹3.9 lakh onwards, and the automatic version is likely to fall in the sub-₹5 lakh range.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown