Maruti Suzuki's Celerio Demo Cars Hit Indian Showrooms; Bookings Open
By greeshma m | January 28, 2014 6:35 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's next offering Celerio, in the small car segment, is all set to amuse the Indian auto lovers in the next couple of days. The car which has been spied testing on the Indian roads has now been spotted at a company's showrooms.
Sales Down: Maruti Suzuki
Maruti will pull the wraps off Celerio, India's first car equipped with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) on 6 February. Much has been said about the Celerio and the latest is the photographs of the Yellow Celerio demo car, which was seen parked at a showroom. The images were posted online by to Rajesh Dogra on megapowerbosch.blogspot.
The AMT technology dubbed Celerio EZ Drive works like a manual vehicle and gives the flexibility to shift between automatic and manual mode.
The company has already begun accepting bookings for Celelrio with an advance payment of ₹10,000, but is yet to reveal the pricing. The vehicle's price will be announced at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014. According to the latest reports, the deliveries of the new Celerio will start by the end of February 2014.The car will be offered in six trims in the sub-continent market - four with manual transmission and two with AMT EZ Drive clutchless transmission.
On the mechanical front, the Celerio will pack a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can generate a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. Notably the Celerio will give a fuel efficiency of 23.1 km per litre, which is unheard of in that segment. Other features include rear defogger, dual tone interior, steering mounted controls, alloy wheels, driver airbag, electrically adjustable side mirrors and Bluetooth connectivity.
Maruti, a name celebrated for small cars is expected to price the Celerio competitively in the market. Rumours indicate that the manual versions of Celerio will start at ₹3.9 lakh onwards, and the automatic version is likely to fall in the sub-₹5 lakh range.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko