Maruti Suzuki's Celerio Demo Cars Hit Indian Showrooms; Bookings Open
By greeshma m | January 28, 2014 6:35 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's next offering Celerio, in the small car segment, is all set to amuse the Indian auto lovers in the next couple of days. The car which has been spied testing on the Indian roads has now been spotted at a company's showrooms.
Sales Down: Maruti Suzuki
Maruti will pull the wraps off Celerio, India's first car equipped with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) on 6 February. Much has been said about the Celerio and the latest is the photographs of the Yellow Celerio demo car, which was seen parked at a showroom. The images were posted online by to Rajesh Dogra on megapowerbosch.blogspot.
The AMT technology dubbed Celerio EZ Drive works like a manual vehicle and gives the flexibility to shift between automatic and manual mode.
The company has already begun accepting bookings for Celelrio with an advance payment of ₹10,000, but is yet to reveal the pricing. The vehicle's price will be announced at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014. According to the latest reports, the deliveries of the new Celerio will start by the end of February 2014.The car will be offered in six trims in the sub-continent market - four with manual transmission and two with AMT EZ Drive clutchless transmission.
On the mechanical front, the Celerio will pack a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can generate a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. Notably the Celerio will give a fuel efficiency of 23.1 km per litre, which is unheard of in that segment. Other features include rear defogger, dual tone interior, steering mounted controls, alloy wheels, driver airbag, electrically adjustable side mirrors and Bluetooth connectivity.
Maruti, a name celebrated for small cars is expected to price the Celerio competitively in the market. Rumours indicate that the manual versions of Celerio will start at ₹3.9 lakh onwards, and the automatic version is likely to fall in the sub-₹5 lakh range.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase