Battlefield 4 Patch February Release Likely, Powerful Attack Helicopters in Fray
By Aditya Bhat | January 28, 2014 6:07 PM EST
Game developer DICE's FPS title Battlefield 4 is likely to release its new patch for the game in early February, according to a post on Battelog forums.
New patch for Battlefield 4 will come in February.
"We are aiming to get a new update live for all platforms at the end of January/beginning of February (timing might change.) This update will include a number of stability improvements, tweaks, and fixes," the post read.
This patch will be released for all the platforms such as PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Though there were no details in the post on what the patch is likely to contain, it has only highlighted that there will be regular fixes for the problems players had been facing since its release.
Another Battlefield blog has highlighted that the upcoming patch will include vehicle tweaks that will be rolling out for Battlefield 4 eventually.
These will include tweaks to Aircraft and Anti-Aircraft vehicles and Tanks and Anti-Tank vehicles. Some of the tweaks that will be introduced to Aircraft and Anti-Aircraft vehicles are:
- Reduction in the number of missiles from 6 to 4 in Mobile Anti-Aircraft vehicles.
- Reduction of velocity of 20MM cannon from 1200m/s to 800m/s in Mobile Anti-Aircraft vehicles.
- When an Anti-Aircraft missile hits a helicopter it will now spin uncontrollably, the impact is reduced.
- Attack Helicopter cannon direct hits will have increased damage.
- Reduction in the cone in Active Radar missiles.
- Increase in damage when attacked using Zuni rockets for Attack Helicopters.
- Reduction of splash damage and maximum splash damage range of Scout Helicopter's 25MM cannons.
Some tweaks for the tanks and the anti-tank vehicles that were outlined in the blog are:
- Reduction of intelligence aspect of MBT LAW missiles.
- Fixing of the issue regarding Active Protection and when the Man-Portable Active Protection System (MP-APS) was not able to stop 12G FRAG rounds.
- Reduction in the range of M2 Selectable Lightweight Attack Munition (SLAM) from 6M to 3M.
- Reduction of damage affected by all STAFF shells by 25 percent.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones