Grammy Awards 2014: Beyonce’s Performance Considered Too Sexy for Children
By Keerthi Mohan | January 28, 2014 5:40 PM EST
Parents are reportedly unhappy with Jay Z and Beyonce’s Grammy Awards performance on Sunday and they took to social networking sites to air their displeasure.
The power couple kicked off the award function night with a steamy performance of their “Drunk in Love” single which parents found too explicit for young viewers.
Beyonce performs "Drunk In Love" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014.
Beyonce’s raunchy performance had her suggestively gyrating against a wooden chair while wearing a barely-there leather thong and fishnet tights. When Jay Z appeared on stage she rubbed against him as he fondled her.
Parents are also furious that the act was aired at prime time -- in the U.S., the risqué routine aired at 8 p.m. on both coasts, and at 7 p.m. central time.
"Beyonce seriously? It's 8:00. That performance was NOT appropriate for children. Thank God mine are in bed. #shameonyou," added a parent, while another said that Beyonce’s act lacked class.
"Sorry Beyoncé!!! Class ALWAYS wins! It wins for our children. Sad day when our kids can't even watch the Grammy's! #Puzzled," the message read.
"Come on people!! Yeah Beyoncé has an amazing voice but that outfit?!?!? Completely no class. Give children something to look up to #absurd," wrote yet another Twitter user.
But, a number of celebrities supported Beyonce’s act. Television actress Ariel Winter tweeted, “@Beyonce is the absolute QUEEN. She had every right to tell us to bow down. Forever my idol. #surfboard.”
Reality show star Khloe Kardashian took to her Instagram account to gush about Beyonce’s fit body, which was on display in a tight leotard.
"Bow down bitches!!! Yonce moment #Grammys #Power #Inspiration #Body," Kardashian wrote.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown