Angry Americans Want Justin Bieber Deported Back to Canada, Sign Online Petition
By nidhi tewari | January 28, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Justin Bieber is in real trouble in America. Thousand of non-Beliebers have signed an online petition to remove the Canadian singer from United States and have him deported back to his homeland. "We the People" petition was created last Thursday and has more than 52 thousand signatures already. The people want President Obama to have Bieber, who is not a U.S. citizen, deported back to his native land, Canada.
Singer Justin Bieber poses at the premiere of the documentary "Justin Bieber's Believe" in Los Angeles, California December 18, 2013. The documentary opens in the U.S. on December 25.
American actor and musician Drake Bell from 2008 show "Drake and Josh" is one of the celebrity who is not scared of "Beliebers" and has even tweeted the online link to the petition saying, "become a part of the movement!!!"
"We the people of the United States feel that we are being wrongly represented in the world of pop culture," the petition reads. "We would like to see the dangerous, reckless, destructive, and drug abusing, Justin Bieber deported and his green card revoked. He is not only threatening the safety of our people but he is also a terrible influence on our nations youth. We the people would like to remove Justin Bieber from our society,"says the petition further.
The goal of the petition is to reach 100,000 signatures by February 22, 2014 for the Obama administration to be forced to respond to it. The "Believe" singer was charged with driving under the influence, resisting arrest without violence and driving without a valid license in Miami, Florida on Thursday. Justin made news with his smiling mugshot picture first and then it was learned that the singer "cried his eyes" out in the police custody.
Though Beiber is not a United States citizen, the law is on his side. According to the immigration law, the visa of the person can only be evoked if he has been convicted of a violent crime (which Bieber has not), or has been sentenced to more than a year's imprisonment, which again is not true in Justin Bieber's case. So all you "Beliebers," Justin has been saved this time. Justin should probably take this arrest as a lesson for the future if he wants to stay in the United States. What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier