Angry Americans Want Justin Bieber Deported Back to Canada, Sign Online Petition
By nidhi tewari | January 28, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Justin Bieber is in real trouble in America. Thousand of non-Beliebers have signed an online petition to remove the Canadian singer from United States and have him deported back to his homeland. "We the People" petition was created last Thursday and has more than 52 thousand signatures already. The people want President Obama to have Bieber, who is not a U.S. citizen, deported back to his native land, Canada.
Singer Justin Bieber poses at the premiere of the documentary "Justin Bieber's Believe" in Los Angeles, California December 18, 2013. The documentary opens in the U.S. on December 25.
American actor and musician Drake Bell from 2008 show "Drake and Josh" is one of the celebrity who is not scared of "Beliebers" and has even tweeted the online link to the petition saying, "become a part of the movement!!!"
"We the people of the United States feel that we are being wrongly represented in the world of pop culture," the petition reads. "We would like to see the dangerous, reckless, destructive, and drug abusing, Justin Bieber deported and his green card revoked. He is not only threatening the safety of our people but he is also a terrible influence on our nations youth. We the people would like to remove Justin Bieber from our society,"says the petition further.
The goal of the petition is to reach 100,000 signatures by February 22, 2014 for the Obama administration to be forced to respond to it. The "Believe" singer was charged with driving under the influence, resisting arrest without violence and driving without a valid license in Miami, Florida on Thursday. Justin made news with his smiling mugshot picture first and then it was learned that the singer "cried his eyes" out in the police custody.
Though Beiber is not a United States citizen, the law is on his side. According to the immigration law, the visa of the person can only be evoked if he has been convicted of a violent crime (which Bieber has not), or has been sentenced to more than a year's imprisonment, which again is not true in Justin Bieber's case. So all you "Beliebers," Justin has been saved this time. Justin should probably take this arrest as a lesson for the future if he wants to stay in the United States. What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast