Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Monitor Marseille Duo for Possible Last Minute Signings
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 28, 2014 5:05 PM EST
Chelsea have sent out scout Guy Hillion to monitor Olympique de Marseille duo, Giannelli Imbula and Florian Thauvin, as a possible last-minute signing for January.
Marseille midfielder Florian Thauvin is targeted by Chelsea
Hillion was in attendance when Marseille took on Ligue 1 rivals Monaco on Sunday.
None of the two 21-year-olds was able to put on a spectacular show as their side went down 2-0, but, nevertheless, provided a steady performance in terms of distributing the ball effectively.
"He covers well, has good technique, great vision of the game, with a very good quality pass and a great left foot," Hillion remarked of Imbula.
Meanwhile, Thauvin is regarded as "one of the great hopes of French football" by, no less than, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, who admitted that the Gunners are also tracking the youth sensation down.
"He was also followed and we were interested in him before he went to Lille," said Wenger.
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports