Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Monitor Marseille Duo for Possible Last Minute Signings
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 28, 2014 5:05 PM EST
Chelsea have sent out scout Guy Hillion to monitor Olympique de Marseille duo, Giannelli Imbula and Florian Thauvin, as a possible last-minute signing for January.
Marseille midfielder Florian Thauvin is targeted by Chelsea
Hillion was in attendance when Marseille took on Ligue 1 rivals Monaco on Sunday.
None of the two 21-year-olds was able to put on a spectacular show as their side went down 2-0, but, nevertheless, provided a steady performance in terms of distributing the ball effectively.
"He covers well, has good technique, great vision of the game, with a very good quality pass and a great left foot," Hillion remarked of Imbula.
Meanwhile, Thauvin is regarded as "one of the great hopes of French football" by, no less than, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, who admitted that the Gunners are also tracking the youth sensation down.
"He was also followed and we were interested in him before he went to Lille," said Wenger.
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider