‘Brahma’ Distribution Rights Sold for Record Price of ₹15 Crore
By Vijayalaxmi Kamaladinni | January 28, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Upendra's upcoming film "Brahma" has been creating a lot of buzz, thanks to the actor's warrior avatar. Now the movie is back in news with its distribution rights reportedly selling at record price of ₹15 crore.
YouTube Screen Grab
In an interview with TOI, director Chandru also revealed that the distribution rights of Tamil and Telugu versions have also been sold. He confirmed the news while releasing the movie's audio platinum disc on Sunday.
Chandru said that "Brahma" will have biggest release in more than 1000 theatres. "Nothing gives you confidence like success. The success of 'Mylari' and 'Charminar' has spurred me up. I produced 'Charminar' as well and it gave me confidence. A relative of mine is the producer of 'Brahma'. Upendra is one of our greatest directors and it is always a challenge to direct a film for him. I promise that it will not disappoint audience," The Times of India quoted him.
When asked about periodical significance of the movie, Chandru said that the warrior story appears for 15 minutes in the film and plays a significant part in the story, but also clarified that "Brahma" is a contemporary movie and not a periodic flick.
Since Upendra's movies are known for their unique dialogues, it is imperative that people would expect the same from the upcoming film. "Upendra's films are known for his unique dialogues. The dialogues serve as both a message and entertainment. My films stress less on dialogues. 'Brahma' is a blend of both the styles. The story itself is the message while the narration is entertainment. Uppi sir's films have a huge following among the 'angry young crowd'. 'Brahma', however, will appeal equally to the family audience," Chandru added.
Besides Upendra, Brahma has ensemble cast featuring Pranita, Rangayana Raghu, Sonu Sood, Sadhu Kokila, Girish Karnad and others. The movie is expected to hit screens on 7 February.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown