Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Offload Promising Goalkeeper for Madrid Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 28, 2014 3:22 PM EST
With the winter transfer window on its final days, Chelsea yet again makes a surprising move, agreeing on a player-to-player switch with Atletico Madrid, according to local papers in Spain.
Diego Costa (Left) could be headed to Stamford Bridge this coming summer
Promising Blues goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois might stay permanently at the Vicente Calderon Stadium after the west London outfit gave the nod to keep him in exchange for Atletico striker Diego Costa.
Costa has tallied a total of 19 goals and 2 assists, thus far, for the Madrid-based club in the La Liga.
However, the deal is reported to take effect this coming summer following Chelsea's failure to lure any top-class strikers to head to Stamford Bridge this month.
Meanwhile, the 21-year-old Belgian wants assurance that he will be first-choice, should the Premier League side still want to keep him, which the Blues cannot guarantee at this point because of Petr Cech's presence.
"It is not up to me to say I am going to be No 1, but neither do I want to go to a team and not play. I want to play, if not at Chelsea, then at another team," said Courtois.
"Now Atleti are waiting until Chelsea says something. Maybe by the end of March, more or less."
May this be considered a wise move by Chelsea, given the fact that Courtois is regarded to be a great asset in the near future? Or is Mourinho just clinging on to the fantasy that his "old" boys still has it?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced