Grammy Awards 2014: Lorde's Dip-Dyed Fingertips, Sara Bareilles's Katniss Everdeen Hair And More Beauty Looks
By Jesselle Maminta | January 28, 2014 3:13 PM EST
The Grammys red carpet has arguably the wildest of all the red carpet and onstage looks the world has ever seen. Blame it partly on the celebs' artistic streak (musicians count as artists, right?) that shows through their appearances on the red carpet; but the outcome is some of the edgiest beauty trends around.
Starting off this edgy beauty route is this year's double Grammy winner Lorde, who seems to always have something on her sleeves whenever she appears onstage. While everyone expects her to let down her curly hair and wear all black in her Grammy stage debut, Lorde surprises everyone by sporting a straighter "do and, get this, dip-dyed fingertips."
The look may have sealed Lorde's place as the new queen of goth, but a few fashion observers noticed that the dip-dyed fingers look is not exactly something new. Buzzfeed and Vogue noticed that it has appeared on a few fashion shows and on the cover of V Magazine featuring Michele Lamy.
Next up is Sara Bareilles, who sported an edgy half-updo which, according to her, is inspired by Katniss Everdeen of The Hunger Games fame. The hairdo is done in a combination of braids and piece-y curls which results to a messy yet chic look for the "Brave" singer.
But after the Grammys, Sara removed the braids done to her earlier and brushed it a bit, resulting to the following equation, according to her Instagram post:
"Katniss hair + removal of braids = Lorde's awesome hair."
All while wishing it was indeed her natural hair.
But Sara was not the only one who did the plaited route at the Grammys. Chrissy Teigen also did the braid-and-curls combo, which complemented her glowing face that made her worthy of a place next to John Legend in the bedroom. Colbie Caillat also sported a tiny braid nestled beneath her top knot.
Meanwhile, the Old Hollywood look also dominated in the Grammys red carpet. Miranda Lambert had her blonde hair styled in smooth waves and wore almost nothing on her face but red lipstick and maybe a few swipes of mascara. Anna Kendrick did a similar hairstyle, but instead of a classic red lip, she opted for a shadowed winged eyes and rose lips.
Updos of various forms were also prominent, as seen on Katy Perry, Colbie Caillat, Kacey Musgraves and Paris Hilton. Katy, in particular, sported a ginormous top knot which, according to E! Online, appears to be a hair donut.
So what's your favourite Grammys beauty look? Share it to us over the comments board!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers