Grammy Awards 2014: Lorde's Dip-Dyed Fingertips, Sara Bareilles's Katniss Everdeen Hair And More Beauty Looks
By Jesselle Maminta | January 28, 2014 3:13 PM EST
The Grammys red carpet has arguably the wildest of all the red carpet and onstage looks the world has ever seen. Blame it partly on the celebs' artistic streak (musicians count as artists, right?) that shows through their appearances on the red carpet; but the outcome is some of the edgiest beauty trends around.
Starting off this edgy beauty route is this year's double Grammy winner Lorde, who seems to always have something on her sleeves whenever she appears onstage. While everyone expects her to let down her curly hair and wear all black in her Grammy stage debut, Lorde surprises everyone by sporting a straighter "do and, get this, dip-dyed fingertips."
The look may have sealed Lorde's place as the new queen of goth, but a few fashion observers noticed that the dip-dyed fingers look is not exactly something new. Buzzfeed and Vogue noticed that it has appeared on a few fashion shows and on the cover of V Magazine featuring Michele Lamy.
Next up is Sara Bareilles, who sported an edgy half-updo which, according to her, is inspired by Katniss Everdeen of The Hunger Games fame. The hairdo is done in a combination of braids and piece-y curls which results to a messy yet chic look for the "Brave" singer.
But after the Grammys, Sara removed the braids done to her earlier and brushed it a bit, resulting to the following equation, according to her Instagram post:
"Katniss hair + removal of braids = Lorde's awesome hair."
All while wishing it was indeed her natural hair.
But Sara was not the only one who did the plaited route at the Grammys. Chrissy Teigen also did the braid-and-curls combo, which complemented her glowing face that made her worthy of a place next to John Legend in the bedroom. Colbie Caillat also sported a tiny braid nestled beneath her top knot.
Meanwhile, the Old Hollywood look also dominated in the Grammys red carpet. Miranda Lambert had her blonde hair styled in smooth waves and wore almost nothing on her face but red lipstick and maybe a few swipes of mascara. Anna Kendrick did a similar hairstyle, but instead of a classic red lip, she opted for a shadowed winged eyes and rose lips.
Updos of various forms were also prominent, as seen on Katy Perry, Colbie Caillat, Kacey Musgraves and Paris Hilton. Katy, in particular, sported a ginormous top knot which, according to E! Online, appears to be a hair donut.
So what's your favourite Grammys beauty look? Share it to us over the comments board!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter