Grammy Awards 2014: Lorde's Dip-Dyed Fingertips, Sara Bareilles's Katniss Everdeen Hair And More Beauty Looks
By Jesselle Maminta | January 28, 2014 3:13 PM EST
The Grammys red carpet has arguably the wildest of all the red carpet and onstage looks the world has ever seen. Blame it partly on the celebs' artistic streak (musicians count as artists, right?) that shows through their appearances on the red carpet; but the outcome is some of the edgiest beauty trends around.
Starting off this edgy beauty route is this year's double Grammy winner Lorde, who seems to always have something on her sleeves whenever she appears onstage. While everyone expects her to let down her curly hair and wear all black in her Grammy stage debut, Lorde surprises everyone by sporting a straighter "do and, get this, dip-dyed fingertips."
The look may have sealed Lorde's place as the new queen of goth, but a few fashion observers noticed that the dip-dyed fingers look is not exactly something new. Buzzfeed and Vogue noticed that it has appeared on a few fashion shows and on the cover of V Magazine featuring Michele Lamy.
Next up is Sara Bareilles, who sported an edgy half-updo which, according to her, is inspired by Katniss Everdeen of The Hunger Games fame. The hairdo is done in a combination of braids and piece-y curls which results to a messy yet chic look for the "Brave" singer.
But after the Grammys, Sara removed the braids done to her earlier and brushed it a bit, resulting to the following equation, according to her Instagram post:
"Katniss hair + removal of braids = Lorde's awesome hair."
All while wishing it was indeed her natural hair.
But Sara was not the only one who did the plaited route at the Grammys. Chrissy Teigen also did the braid-and-curls combo, which complemented her glowing face that made her worthy of a place next to John Legend in the bedroom. Colbie Caillat also sported a tiny braid nestled beneath her top knot.
Meanwhile, the Old Hollywood look also dominated in the Grammys red carpet. Miranda Lambert had her blonde hair styled in smooth waves and wore almost nothing on her face but red lipstick and maybe a few swipes of mascara. Anna Kendrick did a similar hairstyle, but instead of a classic red lip, she opted for a shadowed winged eyes and rose lips.
Updos of various forms were also prominent, as seen on Katy Perry, Colbie Caillat, Kacey Musgraves and Paris Hilton. Katy, in particular, sported a ginormous top knot which, according to E! Online, appears to be a hair donut.
So what's your favourite Grammys beauty look? Share it to us over the comments board!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates