Grammy Awards 2014: Lorde's Dip-Dyed Fingertips, Sara Bareilles's Katniss Everdeen Hair And More Beauty Looks
By Jesselle Maminta | January 28, 2014 3:13 PM EST
The Grammys red carpet has arguably the wildest of all the red carpet and onstage looks the world has ever seen. Blame it partly on the celebs' artistic streak (musicians count as artists, right?) that shows through their appearances on the red carpet; but the outcome is some of the edgiest beauty trends around.
Starting off this edgy beauty route is this year's double Grammy winner Lorde, who seems to always have something on her sleeves whenever she appears onstage. While everyone expects her to let down her curly hair and wear all black in her Grammy stage debut, Lorde surprises everyone by sporting a straighter "do and, get this, dip-dyed fingertips."
The look may have sealed Lorde's place as the new queen of goth, but a few fashion observers noticed that the dip-dyed fingers look is not exactly something new. Buzzfeed and Vogue noticed that it has appeared on a few fashion shows and on the cover of V Magazine featuring Michele Lamy.
Next up is Sara Bareilles, who sported an edgy half-updo which, according to her, is inspired by Katniss Everdeen of The Hunger Games fame. The hairdo is done in a combination of braids and piece-y curls which results to a messy yet chic look for the "Brave" singer.
But after the Grammys, Sara removed the braids done to her earlier and brushed it a bit, resulting to the following equation, according to her Instagram post:
"Katniss hair + removal of braids = Lorde's awesome hair."
All while wishing it was indeed her natural hair.
But Sara was not the only one who did the plaited route at the Grammys. Chrissy Teigen also did the braid-and-curls combo, which complemented her glowing face that made her worthy of a place next to John Legend in the bedroom. Colbie Caillat also sported a tiny braid nestled beneath her top knot.
Meanwhile, the Old Hollywood look also dominated in the Grammys red carpet. Miranda Lambert had her blonde hair styled in smooth waves and wore almost nothing on her face but red lipstick and maybe a few swipes of mascara. Anna Kendrick did a similar hairstyle, but instead of a classic red lip, she opted for a shadowed winged eyes and rose lips.
Updos of various forms were also prominent, as seen on Katy Perry, Colbie Caillat, Kacey Musgraves and Paris Hilton. Katy, in particular, sported a ginormous top knot which, according to E! Online, appears to be a hair donut.
So what's your favourite Grammys beauty look? Share it to us over the comments board!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money