Grammy Awards 2014: Lorde's Dip-Dyed Fingertips, Sara Bareilles's Katniss Everdeen Hair And More Beauty Looks
By Jesselle Maminta | January 28, 2014 3:13 PM EST
The Grammys red carpet has arguably the wildest of all the red carpet and onstage looks the world has ever seen. Blame it partly on the celebs' artistic streak (musicians count as artists, right?) that shows through their appearances on the red carpet; but the outcome is some of the edgiest beauty trends around.
Starting off this edgy beauty route is this year's double Grammy winner Lorde, who seems to always have something on her sleeves whenever she appears onstage. While everyone expects her to let down her curly hair and wear all black in her Grammy stage debut, Lorde surprises everyone by sporting a straighter "do and, get this, dip-dyed fingertips."
The look may have sealed Lorde's place as the new queen of goth, but a few fashion observers noticed that the dip-dyed fingers look is not exactly something new. Buzzfeed and Vogue noticed that it has appeared on a few fashion shows and on the cover of V Magazine featuring Michele Lamy.
Next up is Sara Bareilles, who sported an edgy half-updo which, according to her, is inspired by Katniss Everdeen of The Hunger Games fame. The hairdo is done in a combination of braids and piece-y curls which results to a messy yet chic look for the "Brave" singer.
But after the Grammys, Sara removed the braids done to her earlier and brushed it a bit, resulting to the following equation, according to her Instagram post:
"Katniss hair + removal of braids = Lorde's awesome hair."
All while wishing it was indeed her natural hair.
But Sara was not the only one who did the plaited route at the Grammys. Chrissy Teigen also did the braid-and-curls combo, which complemented her glowing face that made her worthy of a place next to John Legend in the bedroom. Colbie Caillat also sported a tiny braid nestled beneath her top knot.
Meanwhile, the Old Hollywood look also dominated in the Grammys red carpet. Miranda Lambert had her blonde hair styled in smooth waves and wore almost nothing on her face but red lipstick and maybe a few swipes of mascara. Anna Kendrick did a similar hairstyle, but instead of a classic red lip, she opted for a shadowed winged eyes and rose lips.
Updos of various forms were also prominent, as seen on Katy Perry, Colbie Caillat, Kacey Musgraves and Paris Hilton. Katy, in particular, sported a ginormous top knot which, according to E! Online, appears to be a hair donut.
So what's your favourite Grammys beauty look? Share it to us over the comments board!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS