Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Dummy Model Spotted at Fry's Electronics Store, Release Date Rumoured on February 5 or March 5
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 28, 2014 2:45 PM EST
The Nokia Lumia 929 or Nokia Lumia Icon Windows Phone handset has been spotted again this time at the Fry's Electronics store in San Marcos, California. However, the GSMArena reports that the dummy model of the Nokia Icon was showcased at the store and it has been listed as the Nokia Lumia 928 instead.
The report further claims that the U.S carrier has already shipped the smartphone's dummy models to the retailers so the announcement of the device will be happening very soon. The Nokia Lumia Icon has been appearing in several leaked images for the past few months that tease the consumers on what the Finnish device looks like.
Other online appearances of the alleged Windows Phone handset include a hands-on video shared on YouTube, a listing in China as well as the US carrier Verizon where the device will be exclusively offered. Verizon posted the official listing of the Nokia Icon on their Web site ahead of the official launch of the device.
The listing even included images, user's manual and the pricing scheme for the handset that has been set at $777 off-contract. Despite all of the leaked images, listing and details on the Nokia Lumia Icon, both Nokia and Microsoft have not given any statement to confirm or deny the existence of the Windows Phone handset. Click HERE to see the images of the Nokia Lumia Icon dummy model at Fry's Electronics Store.
Notable mobile device source @evleaks posted an image on Twitter teasing about the release date of the Nokia Lumia Icon. "So, February 5th or March 5th? pic.twitter.com/tg7qCz2tNr," @evleaks wrote attaching the image from the user guide showing the diagram of the device's different elements. Click HERE to see photo.
The Lumia Icon is expected to have a 5-inch 1080p screen display, 32GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded through the microSD card slot, run on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and the 20MP PureView rear-facing camera. The other rumoured features and specs on the Lumia Icon device include the Adreno 330 GPU, Carl Zeiss optics, 2,420 mAh battery and the Windows Phone 8 GDR3 with Lumia Black update pre-installed out of the box.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 521: MetroPCS Offers Windows Phone Handset with $29 Price - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Price Confirmed in Verizon Product Page Listing - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga