Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Dummy Model Spotted at Fry's Electronics Store, Release Date Rumoured on February 5 or March 5
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 28, 2014 2:45 PM EST
The Nokia Lumia 929 or Nokia Lumia Icon Windows Phone handset has been spotted again this time at the Fry's Electronics store in San Marcos, California. However, the GSMArena reports that the dummy model of the Nokia Icon was showcased at the store and it has been listed as the Nokia Lumia 928 instead.
The report further claims that the U.S carrier has already shipped the smartphone's dummy models to the retailers so the announcement of the device will be happening very soon. The Nokia Lumia Icon has been appearing in several leaked images for the past few months that tease the consumers on what the Finnish device looks like.
Other online appearances of the alleged Windows Phone handset include a hands-on video shared on YouTube, a listing in China as well as the US carrier Verizon where the device will be exclusively offered. Verizon posted the official listing of the Nokia Icon on their Web site ahead of the official launch of the device.
The listing even included images, user's manual and the pricing scheme for the handset that has been set at $777 off-contract. Despite all of the leaked images, listing and details on the Nokia Lumia Icon, both Nokia and Microsoft have not given any statement to confirm or deny the existence of the Windows Phone handset. Click HERE to see the images of the Nokia Lumia Icon dummy model at Fry's Electronics Store.
Notable mobile device source @evleaks posted an image on Twitter teasing about the release date of the Nokia Lumia Icon. "So, February 5th or March 5th? pic.twitter.com/tg7qCz2tNr," @evleaks wrote attaching the image from the user guide showing the diagram of the device's different elements. Click HERE to see photo.
The Lumia Icon is expected to have a 5-inch 1080p screen display, 32GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded through the microSD card slot, run on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and the 20MP PureView rear-facing camera. The other rumoured features and specs on the Lumia Icon device include the Adreno 330 GPU, Carl Zeiss optics, 2,420 mAh battery and the Windows Phone 8 GDR3 with Lumia Black update pre-installed out of the box.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 521: MetroPCS Offers Windows Phone Handset with $29 Price - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Price Confirmed in Verizon Product Page Listing - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues