Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Dummy Model Spotted at Fry's Electronics Store, Release Date Rumoured on February 5 or March 5
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 28, 2014 2:45 PM EST
The Nokia Lumia 929 or Nokia Lumia Icon Windows Phone handset has been spotted again this time at the Fry's Electronics store in San Marcos, California. However, the GSMArena reports that the dummy model of the Nokia Icon was showcased at the store and it has been listed as the Nokia Lumia 928 instead.
The report further claims that the U.S carrier has already shipped the smartphone's dummy models to the retailers so the announcement of the device will be happening very soon. The Nokia Lumia Icon has been appearing in several leaked images for the past few months that tease the consumers on what the Finnish device looks like.
Other online appearances of the alleged Windows Phone handset include a hands-on video shared on YouTube, a listing in China as well as the US carrier Verizon where the device will be exclusively offered. Verizon posted the official listing of the Nokia Icon on their Web site ahead of the official launch of the device.
The listing even included images, user's manual and the pricing scheme for the handset that has been set at $777 off-contract. Despite all of the leaked images, listing and details on the Nokia Lumia Icon, both Nokia and Microsoft have not given any statement to confirm or deny the existence of the Windows Phone handset. Click HERE to see the images of the Nokia Lumia Icon dummy model at Fry's Electronics Store.
Notable mobile device source @evleaks posted an image on Twitter teasing about the release date of the Nokia Lumia Icon. "So, February 5th or March 5th? pic.twitter.com/tg7qCz2tNr," @evleaks wrote attaching the image from the user guide showing the diagram of the device's different elements. Click HERE to see photo.
The Lumia Icon is expected to have a 5-inch 1080p screen display, 32GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded through the microSD card slot, run on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and the 20MP PureView rear-facing camera. The other rumoured features and specs on the Lumia Icon device include the Adreno 330 GPU, Carl Zeiss optics, 2,420 mAh battery and the Windows Phone 8 GDR3 with Lumia Black update pre-installed out of the box.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 521: MetroPCS Offers Windows Phone Handset with $29 Price - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Price Confirmed in Verizon Product Page Listing - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1320 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Firmware
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ Gets Massive Leak For Character Roster, Game Details And Sleep Mode
- Android L and Windows Phone 8.1: Top Features Why Users Must Upgrade As Soon As Possible
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- US, Syria to Work Together to Vaporise ISIS
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU