Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Dummy Model Spotted at Fry's Electronics Store, Release Date Rumoured on February 5 or March 5
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 28, 2014 2:45 PM EST
The Nokia Lumia 929 or Nokia Lumia Icon Windows Phone handset has been spotted again this time at the Fry's Electronics store in San Marcos, California. However, the GSMArena reports that the dummy model of the Nokia Icon was showcased at the store and it has been listed as the Nokia Lumia 928 instead.
The report further claims that the U.S carrier has already shipped the smartphone's dummy models to the retailers so the announcement of the device will be happening very soon. The Nokia Lumia Icon has been appearing in several leaked images for the past few months that tease the consumers on what the Finnish device looks like.
Other online appearances of the alleged Windows Phone handset include a hands-on video shared on YouTube, a listing in China as well as the US carrier Verizon where the device will be exclusively offered. Verizon posted the official listing of the Nokia Icon on their Web site ahead of the official launch of the device.
The listing even included images, user's manual and the pricing scheme for the handset that has been set at $777 off-contract. Despite all of the leaked images, listing and details on the Nokia Lumia Icon, both Nokia and Microsoft have not given any statement to confirm or deny the existence of the Windows Phone handset. Click HERE to see the images of the Nokia Lumia Icon dummy model at Fry's Electronics Store.
Notable mobile device source @evleaks posted an image on Twitter teasing about the release date of the Nokia Lumia Icon. "So, February 5th or March 5th? pic.twitter.com/tg7qCz2tNr," @evleaks wrote attaching the image from the user guide showing the diagram of the device's different elements. Click HERE to see photo.
The Lumia Icon is expected to have a 5-inch 1080p screen display, 32GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded through the microSD card slot, run on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and the 20MP PureView rear-facing camera. The other rumoured features and specs on the Lumia Icon device include the Adreno 330 GPU, Carl Zeiss optics, 2,420 mAh battery and the Windows Phone 8 GDR3 with Lumia Black update pre-installed out of the box.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 521: MetroPCS Offers Windows Phone Handset with $29 Price - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Price Confirmed in Verizon Product Page Listing - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
Join the Conversation
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Release in 2014
- Google Nexus 9 Know More About the Size of its Battery
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown