HTC One 2 (M8) Features to Include On-Screen Buttons, Says Tipster
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 28, 2014 2:35 PM EST
WikiCommons 2.0 Generic
Image Showing the HTC One Smartphone on a Apple Keyboard
The successor of HTC One will see a major change. The HTC One 2 will sport the new on-screen buttons that will replace all the capacitive buttons in the previous handset.
HTC One is a smartphone that upsets users with its button configuration. The handset has no menu button. The HTC logo was placed in the bottom where the home button should have been. Moreover, the layout was odd, they added long-press and double tap options to use home as a menu button or for multi-tasking. It could be a little messy and confusing for the users.
Lastly, the three dot settings button became a huge black bar on the bottom of the screen wasting space. Many users hoped that HTC will copy Google's approach in maximizing screen space in terms of navigation keys. This can be possible if the handset will run with Android 4.4 Kitkat OS. This mobile software allows apps to go full screen.
According to Bloomberg citing an insider, HTC One 2 will pack a larger screen display of about 5 inches in size. The handset will also be powered by Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon processor and a twin-sensor rear camera paired with HTC's Ultrapixel technology that will yield high quality photos, videos and better image quality.
Other rumours claimed that HTC One 2 will either pack a Full HD screen panel or a 2K screen display. HTC rivals and competitors are heading towards screens with 2K pixels. Grapevine added that HTC M8 will include features such as an ultrapixel rear camera and 2.1 MP front facing camera, 2 GB RAM, 2,900 mAh battery and Sense 6.0.
HTC One 2 release date will happen at the Mobile World Congress next month. However, HTC may hold its own launching event since the predecessor garnered recognition, being one of the best smartphones of 2013. HTC probably made the best decision to introduce its successor at a separate launching event to properly present its new flagship phone. Thus, the company will probably skip the MWC next month and release the handset in March.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced