Grammy Awards 2014: Lorde Hangs Out With Taylor Swift After The Show
By Jesselle Maminta | January 28, 2014 12:51 PM EST
Look who bonded over at the Grammys!
Taylor Swift and Lorde are having their time of their lives as they hang out in between performances and after the 56th Annual Grammy Awards last Sunday.
The two were photographed together during the awarding ceremony; and over Twitter, they gushed about each other's performance and Lorde getting awards that night.
"(V)ery proud of @taylorswift13 tonight. one of the most masterful performers i've seen," Lorde wrote, referring to Swift's head-banging performance of "All Too Well" that night.
Lorde and Swift apparently hung out even after the awards night when the latter tweeted a photo of them along with the caption,
"And you know... We're on each other's team. #LORDE #CLEANINGUP #GRAMMYs," Swift tweets, with reference to the Kiwi songstress's second single "Team."
Before the night wrapped up, Lorde thanked everyone who supported her (Swift included, perhaps?) and for the Grammys "for the attention my work has received tonight and this year." That tweet came along with a photo of herself in a dark room, highlighted with a spotlight over her head.
A lot of things happened to the new BFFs just before the year 2013 ended. First, Lorde lashed out on Swift for being "too perfect." Then they met up at a restaurant in Melbourne. The day after that, Swift invited Lorde to her garden-themed birthday party, also in Melbourne. And they kept in touch since then.
In an interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Lorde revealed that after her "diss" against Swift, the latter just took it with a stride, and even gave her a bunch of roses when "Royals" went number one at the music charts.
"She was like, 'It's fine. If all you've done is call someone perfect, it's not that bad,'" Lorde recalls.
And because they kept in touch after their Melbourne encounter, Lorde sought Swift's advice on what to give her manager as a Christmas present, which involved quirky household items.
"Taylor's super-good at this stuff," she told Rolling Stone's Rob Tannenbaum. "She's decorated her own houses for ages."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- New Couple Alert: Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder; 'The Vampire Diaries' Actress 'Hooking Up' With Co-Star Chris Wood—Report
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results: Find Out Who Could Be The Winner—Predictions Based on iTunes Chart Rankings
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- 'The Flash' Season 1, Episode 10 Spoilers: Dr Wells Connection To Reverse Flash, Firestorm Focus, and 'Prison Break' Actors As Villains In Next New Episode