'Minecraft' TU 14 Teased by 4J Studios, 'Minecraft' Snapshot 14w04b Released and 'Minecraft: PS3' Celebrates 1 Million Copies Sold
By Gel Galang | January 28, 2014 12:48 PM EST
The developer posted a simple snapshot of Mooshroom toys captioned, "Look at these lovely baby Mooshroom plushies!"
But in reality, a lot of the fans' attention went straight to the background, which features screenshots of what could be the "Minecraft" TU 14.
Already fans over at 4J Studios' Twitter have compared notes on what the two photos mean. Some very detail-oriented fans have noticed that the X and Y buttons showing on the screen are different, which means that they are from different consoles.
"Look at the controls of both pictures! They did the same thing for PS3. This means XB1 MC is coming soon!," @BlaisteraHD wrote.
"SO much stuff got confirmed now! yayayay!," @qdengler also commented.
*Pokemon Bank: Updates for "Pokemon X and Y's" service, which is still delayed in western territories: Read the details here.
Snapshot 14w04b is Now Out with Bug Fixes
Quickly updating the snapshot 14w04a, Mojang has recently released another one, dubbed 14w04b.
This time, the "Minecraft" snapshot features a number of fixes, which include the following:
*Must check out Kickstarter projects that are coming to next-gen consoles: Read the full story here.
- Skin layers that appear to be off when traveling through portals
- Incorrectly rendered items and blocks placed in item frames
- Fixed items that don't render properly on the ground
- Killing a mob always gives players a rare loot (100 per cent chance)
- The server disconnects players after taking damage from mob
- Cannot/setblock air on tile entities
- Furnaces stop operating between launches
- The grass under snow does not having a snowy texture
- Item frames duplicate upon reloading
- Monster dungeons not spawning
- Missing clock in item frame
As usual, Mojang is still accepting bug reports, which players can send via this link.
'Minecraft' PS3 Reaches 1 Million Milestone
In addition to the latest snapshot, Mojang has also announced that "Minecraft: PS3," which has been released just late 2013, has already sold more than 1 million copies.
*The latest update on the Xbox One XB1M13 scandal with paid YouTubers: Read here for more.
"Just wanted to let you know that Minecraft on PS3 recently sold over 1 million copies (that has to be some kind of record on PSN, no?)," wrote Mojang in a recent blog post.
But more than the celebration, fans will be happy to know that the developer has also teased that there will be upcoming news for the next update on "Minecraft: PS3." Though there was no release date or time frame given, it does seem pretty near with quite a number of updates as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices