'Minecraft' TU 14 Teased by 4J Studios, 'Minecraft' Snapshot 14w04b Released and 'Minecraft: PS3' Celebrates 1 Million Copies Sold
By Gel Galang | January 28, 2014 12:48 PM EST
The developer posted a simple snapshot of Mooshroom toys captioned, "Look at these lovely baby Mooshroom plushies!"
But in reality, a lot of the fans' attention went straight to the background, which features screenshots of what could be the "Minecraft" TU 14.
Already fans over at 4J Studios' Twitter have compared notes on what the two photos mean. Some very detail-oriented fans have noticed that the X and Y buttons showing on the screen are different, which means that they are from different consoles.
"Look at the controls of both pictures! They did the same thing for PS3. This means XB1 MC is coming soon!," @BlaisteraHD wrote.
"SO much stuff got confirmed now! yayayay!," @qdengler also commented.
*Pokemon Bank: Updates for "Pokemon X and Y's" service, which is still delayed in western territories: Read the details here.
Snapshot 14w04b is Now Out with Bug Fixes
Quickly updating the snapshot 14w04a, Mojang has recently released another one, dubbed 14w04b.
This time, the "Minecraft" snapshot features a number of fixes, which include the following:
*Must check out Kickstarter projects that are coming to next-gen consoles: Read the full story here.
- Skin layers that appear to be off when traveling through portals
- Incorrectly rendered items and blocks placed in item frames
- Fixed items that don't render properly on the ground
- Killing a mob always gives players a rare loot (100 per cent chance)
- The server disconnects players after taking damage from mob
- Cannot/setblock air on tile entities
- Furnaces stop operating between launches
- The grass under snow does not having a snowy texture
- Item frames duplicate upon reloading
- Monster dungeons not spawning
- Missing clock in item frame
As usual, Mojang is still accepting bug reports, which players can send via this link.
'Minecraft' PS3 Reaches 1 Million Milestone
In addition to the latest snapshot, Mojang has also announced that "Minecraft: PS3," which has been released just late 2013, has already sold more than 1 million copies.
*The latest update on the Xbox One XB1M13 scandal with paid YouTubers: Read here for more.
"Just wanted to let you know that Minecraft on PS3 recently sold over 1 million copies (that has to be some kind of record on PSN, no?)," wrote Mojang in a recent blog post.
But more than the celebration, fans will be happy to know that the developer has also teased that there will be upcoming news for the next update on "Minecraft: PS3." Though there was no release date or time frame given, it does seem pretty near with quite a number of updates as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- Thanksgiving 2014: Five Ways To Take Better Photos With Smartphone Camera
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast