'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Episode 11 '500 Years of Solitude' Recap/Spoilers: Katherine Pierce Did It Again, Accomplished Evil Plan on Elena Gilbert
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 28, 2014 11:21 AM EST
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 returned with a lot of exciting and shocking events in the 100th episode "500 Years of Solitude." In Episode 11, viewers can see Katherine Pierce (Nina Dobrev) dealing with the inevitable human experience, death, which offered flashbacks to her life in 1492, the return of some familiar faces in the hit CW TV series and how she has not changed her evil ways despite the predicament she is in.
Actress Nina Dobrev arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
‘Supernatural’ Season 9 Episode 11 ‘First Born’ Recap/Spoilers: Cain Gives the Burden Of ‘The Mark’ To Another First Born, Dean Winchester
‘The Originals’ Episode 11 ‘Après Moi, Le Déluge’ Recap/Spoilers: Harvest Ritual Finally Completed, Will Davina Return? Old Powerful Witches Return in New Orleans
Spoiler alert: This feature contains major spoilers on "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5, Episode 11 "500 Years of Solitude." Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) tells Nadia (Olga Fonda) the bad news about her mother's condition so the Traveller comes up with a plan to save her mother from dying.
Nadia needed help in saving her mother and since no one is willing to help her after all of the horrible things that Katherine did, she took Matt (Zach Roerig) and kept him locked in the same safe that Stefan got trapped and almost died in. Nadia's threat on Matt's life made Stefan and Elena volunteer to help.
Nadia, Stefan and Elena arrive at an abandoned house but it turns out it was a trap for the vampires. Other Travellers appeared and cornered Stefan and Elena in order to conduct a creepy unknown ritual on them and drain a bucket of vampire blood.
In Katherine's death bed, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) tortures the Petrova doppelganger with memories of the awful things that she did. As Damon made Katherine suffer, familiar faces returned in this episode like Original vampire Elijah (Daniel Gillies), Aunt Jenna (Sara Canning) and John Gilbert (David Anders) who recounted the fingers-chopping scene with the menacing line "Hello fingers, goodbye fingers."
Nadia arrives to stop Damon's torture on his mother and reveals the plan on how Katherine can still continue to survive. Katherine must say the spell in order for her spirit to go inside Nadia's body where she gets to live but Katherine refuses.
The 100th episode has also offered the "Klaroline" fans a closure to the Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Caroline (Candice Accola) relationship as the Original hybrid promises to leave Caroline alone for good if she becomes honest about how she feels for him. Caroline reveals what she wants and the two had sex in the forest before going on their separate ways.
In the Salvatore house, the gang talks about Bonnie's (Kat Graham) role as the Anchor to the Other Side where more familiar faces returned like Matt's sister Vicki (Kayla Ewell) and favorite vampire hunter Alaric (Matt Davis). Tyler Lockwood (Michael Trevino) also returned to Mystic Falls as Rebekah's (Claire Holt) parting gift to Matt whom she rescued from the safe.
The final scene showed Katherine sharing a tender moment with Elena (Nina Dobrev) who told the Petrova doppelganger that she forgives her. After Katherine expressed her gratitude that Elena forgave her, she finally revealed her true intention as she grabbed Elena by the head and said the spell that transferred her spirit in Elena's body.
For the next episode, executive producer Julie Plec teased the fans on what happens next. The Christian Post report claims Ms Plec revealed to TV Guide that Damon Salvatore will be determined to win back Elena Gilbert. "But unfortunately his girl has been hijacked. So that's going to be an interesting development for him as he works hard to get the relationship back on track," the executive producer shared.
Additionally, Julie Plec revealed that Tyler's return to Mystic Falls will have him struggling with his life. "He's going to struggle," Julie Plec told E! Online. "He's back, his revenge attempt failed, he doesn't really know what he's supposed to be doing with himself. He's not in college, he split with Caroline, Matt Donovan is living in his house. [Laughs.] So it's a journey for him to find his way," Ms Plec revealed in the E!Online report.
Watch the next episode of "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 titled "The Devil Inside" on Thursday night, January 30, at 8 p.m. ET on the CW network.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Teases 100th Episode Will Seal Katherine's Fate - [READ]
Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Shares His Top Five Favorite Scenes in the CW TV Series [VIDEO] - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev: 'Vampire Diaries' Stars Recall Their Favorite Scene from Pilot Season [WATCH VIDEOS] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone