NBA Preview: Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets Live Streaming Info
By James Patrick Quizon | January 28, 2014 11:19 AM EST
Don’t look now but the Brooklyn Nets are the hottest team in the entire league owing to a great 2014 when they have gone 10-1 thus far. On Monday night, they will host the Toronto Raptors, which is to blame for their lone loss in this great stretch.
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers at Toronto Raptors
The Nets now carries a 20-22 win-loss card good for seventh place in the Eastern Conference and probably more importantly just 1 and 1/2 games off the Raptors which are at third place with a 22-21 record.
The teams have split their first two games this season and the last one happened January 11 in Toronto with a score of 96-80 for the Raptors, which was led by DeMar DeRozan (26 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists) plus a surprise contributor off the bench in Patrick Patterson (14 points, 12 rebounds and 3 steals).
The Nets were held down to 40 per cent shooting (30-of-75 FGs) from the field and was outrebounded by Toronto, 49-39 in that game.
Since then, the Nets have responded well again winning five in a row including blowout victories over the Atlanta Hawks, 127-110; New York Knicks, 103-90 and Orlando Magic, 101-90; plus close wins over the Dallas Mavericks, 107-106 and the Boston Celtics, 85-79.
Over this stretch, Brooklyn has limited their opponents to just 91.9 points per game—a considerable improvement from 2013 when they completely struggled defensively.
The Raptors, losers of three of their last five games, will most likely miss DeRozan in their third match-up with the Nets. In his absence, wingman Terrence Ross scored a franchise record 51 points matching Vince Carter’s feat 14 years ago.
Ross hit 16 of 29 shots from the field including 10 three-pointers and is expected to step up once again for the Raptors if DeRozan can’t play.
Watch the Raptors vs. Nets via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2