NBA Preview: Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets Live Streaming Info
By James Patrick Quizon | January 28, 2014 11:19 AM EST
Don’t look now but the Brooklyn Nets are the hottest team in the entire league owing to a great 2014 when they have gone 10-1 thus far. On Monday night, they will host the Toronto Raptors, which is to blame for their lone loss in this great stretch.
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers at Toronto Raptors
The Nets now carries a 20-22 win-loss card good for seventh place in the Eastern Conference and probably more importantly just 1 and 1/2 games off the Raptors which are at third place with a 22-21 record.
The teams have split their first two games this season and the last one happened January 11 in Toronto with a score of 96-80 for the Raptors, which was led by DeMar DeRozan (26 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists) plus a surprise contributor off the bench in Patrick Patterson (14 points, 12 rebounds and 3 steals).
The Nets were held down to 40 per cent shooting (30-of-75 FGs) from the field and was outrebounded by Toronto, 49-39 in that game.
Since then, the Nets have responded well again winning five in a row including blowout victories over the Atlanta Hawks, 127-110; New York Knicks, 103-90 and Orlando Magic, 101-90; plus close wins over the Dallas Mavericks, 107-106 and the Boston Celtics, 85-79.
Over this stretch, Brooklyn has limited their opponents to just 91.9 points per game—a considerable improvement from 2013 when they completely struggled defensively.
The Raptors, losers of three of their last five games, will most likely miss DeRozan in their third match-up with the Nets. In his absence, wingman Terrence Ross scored a franchise record 51 points matching Vince Carter’s feat 14 years ago.
Ross hit 16 of 29 shots from the field including 10 three-pointers and is expected to step up once again for the Raptors if DeRozan can’t play.
Watch the Raptors vs. Nets via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
MySQL server has gone awaySELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' MySQL server has gone awaySELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='26' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15MySQL server has gone awaySELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=26 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports