Tata Falcon 4 to be Christened Bolt: Report
By greeshma m | January 28, 2014 2:08 AM EST
Tata's upcoming car Falcon 4 will be named Bolt, says a new report.
Tata Motors logos are pictured outside their flagship showroom in Mumbai May 28, 2013.
Tata, the country's fourth-largest passenger car maker, has been rumoured to launch two new models - codenamed Falcon 4 and 5 - for quite some time now. Though the market name of Falcon 5 is yet to be known, reports say both cars will join the company's pavilion at the Auto Expo 2014.
Meanwhile, Tata Bolt, which is said to be a redesigned version of Tata's Indica Vista, was caught testing on Indian roads. The folks at IndianAutosBlog have posted the images of Tata Falcon, thanks to auto enthusiast Abhijeet Deshpande.
Rumours suggest the upcoming Falcon 4 will pack either a 1.3 litre Fiat Multijet turbo diesel engine and a 1.2 litre turbo petrol engine. Other speculated features of the car include redesigned rear bumpers, front grille and tail lamps. The interiors of the upcoming hatchback are likely to resemble Vista's existing model but with premium features. Tata is expected to launch the cars at the Auto Expo in February and the new models are likely to fall in the price brackets of ₹4.75 lakh and ₹7.5 lakh.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown