Sony Xperia Z2 'Sirius' Details Emerge: 3 GB RAM, 5.2-Inch 1,080p Display, MSM8974AB Chipset, Android 4.4 KitKat, [UI Screenshots]
By Karla Danica Figuerres | January 27, 2014 11:46 PM EST
After the previous week's first look at the Sony D6503 codenamed Sirius, more data about the device are leaked from the XperiaBlog and the XDA forums today. Rumors about the recent hardware and software details of the possible Xperia Z2 are leaked.
The Sony D6503 codename is confirmed as the Sirius and it will come based on the specs of the device have been tracked down. The current prototype of Sirius sports a Qualcomm MSM8974AB CPU at 2.3 GHz, which is a faster Snapdragon 800 variant with speedier GPU and support for DDR3 RAM. This powerful processor is paired with 3 GB of RAM, 5 inches 1080p touchscreen display, 20.7 MP sensor rear camera, which is similar to the Z1 and 2.1 MP front camera.
It is worth noting that the specs mentioned, especially the CPU, might change before the actual launch of the device. XperiaBlog writes that although the prototype online is on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS, the finished product will be running the Android 4.4 KitKat OS.
A XDA poster iRimas is showing off screenshots of the device's UI which appears similar to the Xperia Z1's software. Notable changes include a revamped area for quick settings found in the notification shade, new themes and wallpapers and finer control on the notification settings, including a redesigned setup wizard. Also, the poster claims the display has been changed and improved from the Triluminous panel seen on the Xperia Z1, which is quite good considering the poor viewing angles of the device.
The Sirius device in its current prototype seems to be a relatively minor bump to the Xperia Z1, based on its software and hardware. But again, with still a month to go, the smartphone is expected to be launched at the Mobile World Congress. There is also a big chance that the final Sirius device will have serious changes from what we currently see.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2