Galaxy Note 3 (N9005) Android 4.4 KitKat Kernel Source Released By Samsung
By Karla Danica Figuerres | January 27, 2014 11:39 PM EST
Android 4.4 KitKat update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N9005) has started rolling out in Poland in the previous week. A few days after, the update continues to unfold in Russia for the SM-900 model.
Remarkably, the Galaxy Note 3 (N9005) features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset and the Galaxy Note 3 (SM-900) model highlights the Samsung Exynos 5420 chipset. Both smartphone models in Russia and Poland are the only Galaxy Note 3 devices to receive the Android 4.4 KitKat update along with the Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition running with the Android 4.4 KitKat.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat build version N900XXUDNA6 for the Russian Galaxy Note 3 is available OTA at Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.
Android 4.4 KitKat update comes with an "immersive mode," an updated lockscreen design, decreased fragmentation with Project Svelte, always on hands-free navigation, updated dialer, improved caller ID, enhanced NFC features, cloud storage and printing, screen recording and TV and Bluetooth compatibility.
There is no change log available but the Android 4.4 update is listed among Samsung's live updates so users can have the update available for download.
With the international Galaxy Note 3 models receiving Android 4.4 KitKat updates, we can expect to see the update to roll out to other international models too pretty soon. However, we expect the carrier-branded Galaxy Note 3 models to receive Android 4.4 KitKat update after the international version of the update. Also, Android 4.4 test firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 specific to Europe leaked before the official Android 4.4 KitKat update began rolling out in Poland.
Meanwhile, the Korean tech giant recently released Android 4.4 KitKat kernel source for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. This could indicate that the updates in other regions are gearing up to update pretty soon. Also, with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 specific Android 4.4 KitKat kernel, developers will be given the opportunity to expand their work with the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points