Galaxy Note 3 (N9005) Android 4.4 KitKat Kernel Source Released By Samsung
By Karla Danica Figuerres | January 27, 2014 11:39 PM EST
Android 4.4 KitKat update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N9005) has started rolling out in Poland in the previous week. A few days after, the update continues to unfold in Russia for the SM-900 model.
Remarkably, the Galaxy Note 3 (N9005) features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset and the Galaxy Note 3 (SM-900) model highlights the Samsung Exynos 5420 chipset. Both smartphone models in Russia and Poland are the only Galaxy Note 3 devices to receive the Android 4.4 KitKat update along with the Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition running with the Android 4.4 KitKat.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat build version N900XXUDNA6 for the Russian Galaxy Note 3 is available OTA at Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.
Android 4.4 KitKat update comes with an "immersive mode," an updated lockscreen design, decreased fragmentation with Project Svelte, always on hands-free navigation, updated dialer, improved caller ID, enhanced NFC features, cloud storage and printing, screen recording and TV and Bluetooth compatibility.
There is no change log available but the Android 4.4 update is listed among Samsung's live updates so users can have the update available for download.
With the international Galaxy Note 3 models receiving Android 4.4 KitKat updates, we can expect to see the update to roll out to other international models too pretty soon. However, we expect the carrier-branded Galaxy Note 3 models to receive Android 4.4 KitKat update after the international version of the update. Also, Android 4.4 test firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 specific to Europe leaked before the official Android 4.4 KitKat update began rolling out in Poland.
Meanwhile, the Korean tech giant recently released Android 4.4 KitKat kernel source for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. This could indicate that the updates in other regions are gearing up to update pretty soon. Also, with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 specific Android 4.4 KitKat kernel, developers will be given the opportunity to expand their work with the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report