Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One: HTC Gives Samsung A Run For Its Money
By Precious Silva | January 27, 2014 11:09 PM EST
Among smartphones, Samsung and HTC remain the top contenders. Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One are the most powerful smartphones to date. While the market waits for their refreshed versions of Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One 2, those looking for an urgent handset replacement can find these two devices as good choices. Some claim that to get away from the Samsung craze can choose HTC One. Is it really a viable option?
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
Samsung has diversified considerably. People can find a multitude of Samsung Galaxy handsets. For those looking for something fresh apart from the usual Samsung offering, many agree HTC is a good option. A close comparison of the specs should help users decide whether what device to use.
HTC is very impressive aesthetically featuring a striking all-metal construction. Color options include red, black and silver depending on the provider. The device sports a 4.7-inch 1080p LCD display. This offers a crisp and bright resolution. HTC also provides a wide-viewing angle.
Samsung Galaxy S4 is made of plastic which comes in silvery white and black edition. There is a matte-life crisscross finish on the back. This prevents the phone from sliding off people's hands. The device features a 5-inch display with 44ppi pixel density. This ensures the resolution is clear, crisp and stunning.
Both phones run on a quad-core Snapdragon 600 CPUs with 2 GB RAM. However, performance tests indicate Samsung is a bit faster compared to the HTC One. The device also comes with Android 4.2 TouchWiz Interface. HTC One ships with Android 4.1 plus HTC Sense 5.
Initially, people will think the Samsung Galaxy S4 trumps the HTC One because of its 13 MP camera. HTC One is short of 4 MP. However, HTC has sensors that are larger offering better lowlight performance. For people with attention to detail, Samsung Galaxy S4 still wins. For those with particular affinity for lowlight settings, then HTC One should be a good choice.
Both the Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One start at $599.99 for an unlocked model. Prices may vary depending on carrier and plan. For people looking for a complex handset with extra features then Samsung Galaxy S4 should be a good choice. The HTC One caters to those looking for simple elegance with reliable construction, design and features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast