How To Browse Anonymously Using Google Nexus 5
By Precious Silva | January 27, 2014 11:00 PM EST
Users wonder if they can browse using Nexus 5 without leaving traces can now do so. To surf the Internet anonymously using Android, users have to run The Onion Router or Tor with Firefox. There are some related Firefox add-ons they can use to refrain from leaving browsing prints all over.
The new Nexus 7 tablet is demonstrated during a Google event at Dogpatch Studio in San Francisco, California, July 24, 2013.
For this activity, the hardware is Google's Nexus 5. People can also try other Android mobile phones. Software requirements include:
- Firefox Browser for Android
- Proxy Mobile (Firefox add-ons)
- Phony (Firefox add-ons)
- Clear Quit (Firefox add-ons)
- Self-Destructing Cookies (Firefox add-ons)
- DuckDuckgo (TOR) (Firefox add-ons)
People can download Orbot from Google Play Store. Users can install the program on any Android phone rooted or not. This program will run Tor. Once the device is running Tor, the browser may be problematic. Users have to also install Proxy Mobile. Likewise, Google search engine will not work properly once the browser is up and running. Users have to install DuckDuckgo Search Engine. It is best to check if Orbot is active.
Users must also install Firefox browser for Android to start browsing anonymously. This is also available from Google Play Store.
Google Play Store also offers Proxy Mobile. After installation, users have to configure the program to make it work with Firefox. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Use Proxy - Enable
2. SOCKS Proxy host - 127.0.0.1
3. SOCKS Proxy Port - 9050
4. SOCKS Remote DNS - Enable
Phony and DuckDuckgo (TOR)
Both Phony and DuckDuckgo (TOR) can be downloaded from Google Play Store. Change the User Agent of Firefox. Clear Quit and Self-Destructing Cookies. It is important for users to set the TOR as the default search engine. At the very least, allow it to list all the possible engines. Once all required programs are installed, reboot the Nexus 5 device. When surfing the Web, open Firefox by clicking "New Private Tab." Do this after opening Orbot.
Providers of this guide have no control over what happens to the device after installing the programs. Users can update at their own risk.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery