Suzuki Unveils Let’s, Gixxer Scooters in India; Specification Details
By greeshma m | January 27, 2014 8:57 PM EST
Targeting the urban youth in India, Suzuki's Let's comes with a 112.8 cc single cylinder, air-cooled engine which gives a power of 8.7 hp at 7,500 rpm and peak torque of 9.0 Nm at 5,500 rpm. The scooter comes in five colour variants - Pearl Mira red, Metallic Triton blue, Pearl Mirage white, Sparkle black and Metallic Sonic silver. The scooter is expected to give a fuel efficiency of 63kmpl.
On the other hand, the Gixxer in the 150cc segment packs a single cylinder, air-cooled, four-stroke engine under the hood. The prices and other specifications of both scooters are yet to be revealed. Both scooters will appear at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014 and the prices are likely to be announced at the launch. An Auto Car India report said the prices of the Gixxer will be revealed only in May and the scooter will start hit India markets in July.
"Suzuki is keen on providing products for the Indian customer at every price point. The new products will give a refreshing experience and will simultaneously be evocative of the Suzuki legacy of Value Packed Products. We expect both the Gixxer and Let's to create a strong foothold for themselves in the market," said Atul Gupta, Executive Vice President, SMIL at the launch as quoted by Motoroids.
Suzuki currently markets Access 125 and Swish 125 scooters in India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best