Suzuki Unveils Let’s, Gixxer Scooters in India; Specification Details
By greeshma m | January 27, 2014 8:57 PM EST
Targeting the urban youth in India, Suzuki's Let's comes with a 112.8 cc single cylinder, air-cooled engine which gives a power of 8.7 hp at 7,500 rpm and peak torque of 9.0 Nm at 5,500 rpm. The scooter comes in five colour variants - Pearl Mira red, Metallic Triton blue, Pearl Mirage white, Sparkle black and Metallic Sonic silver. The scooter is expected to give a fuel efficiency of 63kmpl.
On the other hand, the Gixxer in the 150cc segment packs a single cylinder, air-cooled, four-stroke engine under the hood. The prices and other specifications of both scooters are yet to be revealed. Both scooters will appear at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014 and the prices are likely to be announced at the launch. An Auto Car India report said the prices of the Gixxer will be revealed only in May and the scooter will start hit India markets in July.
"Suzuki is keen on providing products for the Indian customer at every price point. The new products will give a refreshing experience and will simultaneously be evocative of the Suzuki legacy of Value Packed Products. We expect both the Gixxer and Let's to create a strong foothold for themselves in the market," said Atul Gupta, Executive Vice President, SMIL at the launch as quoted by Motoroids.
Suzuki currently markets Access 125 and Swish 125 scooters in India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Better Market Your Uranium Someplace Else, Japan Appetite No Longer Huge as Before – Former PM Tells Australia Queensland Premier Campbell Newman