Suzuki Unveils Let’s, Gixxer Scooters in India; Specification Details
By greeshma m | January 27, 2014 8:57 PM EST
Targeting the urban youth in India, Suzuki's Let's comes with a 112.8 cc single cylinder, air-cooled engine which gives a power of 8.7 hp at 7,500 rpm and peak torque of 9.0 Nm at 5,500 rpm. The scooter comes in five colour variants - Pearl Mira red, Metallic Triton blue, Pearl Mirage white, Sparkle black and Metallic Sonic silver. The scooter is expected to give a fuel efficiency of 63kmpl.
On the other hand, the Gixxer in the 150cc segment packs a single cylinder, air-cooled, four-stroke engine under the hood. The prices and other specifications of both scooters are yet to be revealed. Both scooters will appear at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014 and the prices are likely to be announced at the launch. An Auto Car India report said the prices of the Gixxer will be revealed only in May and the scooter will start hit India markets in July.
"Suzuki is keen on providing products for the Indian customer at every price point. The new products will give a refreshing experience and will simultaneously be evocative of the Suzuki legacy of Value Packed Products. We expect both the Gixxer and Let's to create a strong foothold for themselves in the market," said Atul Gupta, Executive Vice President, SMIL at the launch as quoted by Motoroids.
Suzuki currently markets Access 125 and Swish 125 scooters in India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness