Suzuki Unveils Let’s, Gixxer Scooters in India; Specification Details
By greeshma m | January 27, 2014 8:57 PM EST
Targeting the urban youth in India, Suzuki's Let's comes with a 112.8 cc single cylinder, air-cooled engine which gives a power of 8.7 hp at 7,500 rpm and peak torque of 9.0 Nm at 5,500 rpm. The scooter comes in five colour variants - Pearl Mira red, Metallic Triton blue, Pearl Mirage white, Sparkle black and Metallic Sonic silver. The scooter is expected to give a fuel efficiency of 63kmpl.
On the other hand, the Gixxer in the 150cc segment packs a single cylinder, air-cooled, four-stroke engine under the hood. The prices and other specifications of both scooters are yet to be revealed. Both scooters will appear at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014 and the prices are likely to be announced at the launch. An Auto Car India report said the prices of the Gixxer will be revealed only in May and the scooter will start hit India markets in July.
"Suzuki is keen on providing products for the Indian customer at every price point. The new products will give a refreshing experience and will simultaneously be evocative of the Suzuki legacy of Value Packed Products. We expect both the Gixxer and Let's to create a strong foothold for themselves in the market," said Atul Gupta, Executive Vice President, SMIL at the launch as quoted by Motoroids.
Suzuki currently markets Access 125 and Swish 125 scooters in India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar