Suzuki Unveils Let’s, Gixxer Scooters in India; Specification Details
By greeshma m | January 27, 2014 8:57 PM EST
Targeting the urban youth in India, Suzuki's Let's comes with a 112.8 cc single cylinder, air-cooled engine which gives a power of 8.7 hp at 7,500 rpm and peak torque of 9.0 Nm at 5,500 rpm. The scooter comes in five colour variants - Pearl Mira red, Metallic Triton blue, Pearl Mirage white, Sparkle black and Metallic Sonic silver. The scooter is expected to give a fuel efficiency of 63kmpl.
On the other hand, the Gixxer in the 150cc segment packs a single cylinder, air-cooled, four-stroke engine under the hood. The prices and other specifications of both scooters are yet to be revealed. Both scooters will appear at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014 and the prices are likely to be announced at the launch. An Auto Car India report said the prices of the Gixxer will be revealed only in May and the scooter will start hit India markets in July.
"Suzuki is keen on providing products for the Indian customer at every price point. The new products will give a refreshing experience and will simultaneously be evocative of the Suzuki legacy of Value Packed Products. We expect both the Gixxer and Let's to create a strong foothold for themselves in the market," said Atul Gupta, Executive Vice President, SMIL at the launch as quoted by Motoroids.
Suzuki currently markets Access 125 and Swish 125 scooters in India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand