Brooklyn Beat Boston in Night of Tribute to Ex-Celtics Garnett and Pierce [VIDEOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | January 27, 2014 8:42 PM EST
The Boston Celtics traded away Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce in the offseason, marking the end of an era of both stars with the team.
NBA: Brooklyn Nets at Oklahoma City Thunder
It wasn’t necessarily the best of endings after what was a fruitful and colourful partnership over the last few years as both—and Celtics fans-- felt slighted with the deal as the pair delivered the franchise an NBA championship in 2008, an NBA Finals appearance in 2009 and a slew of memorable playoff runs.
The franchise tried to make up for it with a video tribute to the pair when their new team, the Brooklyn Nets visited Boston on Sunday night.
Paul Pierce Tribute:
Kevin Garnett Tribute:
The "Big Three" era started in 2007 when Garnett and Ray Allen joined the C's via a pair of trades to team up with long-time Celtic, Paul Pierce. The trio won the NBA championship in the 2007-2008 season.
Garnett's best year in Boston came in 2007-2008 when he averaged 18.8 points, 9.2 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.3 steals and 1.4 blocked shots. His tenacity and intensity on both ends of the floor was one of the main factors why the Celtics went all the way to the title that year.
Pierce averages 21.5 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 3.9 APG and 1.4 SPG in a 16-year career in the NBA-- 15 of which were with Boston.
On KG and The Truth’s return to Boston, their Nets beat their former team in a low-scoring affair, 85-to-79. Both finished with just six points each and missed a combined 11 shots of 16 attempts from the field.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2