Brooklyn Beat Boston in Night of Tribute to Ex-Celtics Garnett and Pierce [VIDEOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | January 27, 2014 8:42 PM EST
The Boston Celtics traded away Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce in the offseason, marking the end of an era of both stars with the team.
NBA: Brooklyn Nets at Oklahoma City Thunder
It wasn’t necessarily the best of endings after what was a fruitful and colourful partnership over the last few years as both—and Celtics fans-- felt slighted with the deal as the pair delivered the franchise an NBA championship in 2008, an NBA Finals appearance in 2009 and a slew of memorable playoff runs.
The franchise tried to make up for it with a video tribute to the pair when their new team, the Brooklyn Nets visited Boston on Sunday night.
Paul Pierce Tribute:
Kevin Garnett Tribute:
The "Big Three" era started in 2007 when Garnett and Ray Allen joined the C's via a pair of trades to team up with long-time Celtic, Paul Pierce. The trio won the NBA championship in the 2007-2008 season.
Garnett's best year in Boston came in 2007-2008 when he averaged 18.8 points, 9.2 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.3 steals and 1.4 blocked shots. His tenacity and intensity on both ends of the floor was one of the main factors why the Celtics went all the way to the title that year.
Pierce averages 21.5 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 3.9 APG and 1.4 SPG in a 16-year career in the NBA-- 15 of which were with Boston.
On KG and The Truth’s return to Boston, their Nets beat their former team in a low-scoring affair, 85-to-79. Both finished with just six points each and missed a combined 11 shots of 16 attempts from the field.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013