Brooklyn Beat Boston in Night of Tribute to Ex-Celtics Garnett and Pierce [VIDEOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | January 27, 2014 8:42 PM EST
The Boston Celtics traded away Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce in the offseason, marking the end of an era of both stars with the team.
NBA: Brooklyn Nets at Oklahoma City Thunder
It wasn’t necessarily the best of endings after what was a fruitful and colourful partnership over the last few years as both—and Celtics fans-- felt slighted with the deal as the pair delivered the franchise an NBA championship in 2008, an NBA Finals appearance in 2009 and a slew of memorable playoff runs.
The franchise tried to make up for it with a video tribute to the pair when their new team, the Brooklyn Nets visited Boston on Sunday night.
Paul Pierce Tribute:
Kevin Garnett Tribute:
The "Big Three" era started in 2007 when Garnett and Ray Allen joined the C's via a pair of trades to team up with long-time Celtic, Paul Pierce. The trio won the NBA championship in the 2007-2008 season.
Garnett's best year in Boston came in 2007-2008 when he averaged 18.8 points, 9.2 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.3 steals and 1.4 blocked shots. His tenacity and intensity on both ends of the floor was one of the main factors why the Celtics went all the way to the title that year.
Pierce averages 21.5 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 3.9 APG and 1.4 SPG in a 16-year career in the NBA-- 15 of which were with Boston.
On KG and The Truth’s return to Boston, their Nets beat their former team in a low-scoring affair, 85-to-79. Both finished with just six points each and missed a combined 11 shots of 16 attempts from the field.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions