Brooklyn Beat Boston in Night of Tribute to Ex-Celtics Garnett and Pierce [VIDEOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | January 27, 2014 8:42 PM EST
The Boston Celtics traded away Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce in the offseason, marking the end of an era of both stars with the team.
NBA: Brooklyn Nets at Oklahoma City Thunder
It wasn’t necessarily the best of endings after what was a fruitful and colourful partnership over the last few years as both—and Celtics fans-- felt slighted with the deal as the pair delivered the franchise an NBA championship in 2008, an NBA Finals appearance in 2009 and a slew of memorable playoff runs.
The franchise tried to make up for it with a video tribute to the pair when their new team, the Brooklyn Nets visited Boston on Sunday night.
Paul Pierce Tribute:
Kevin Garnett Tribute:
The "Big Three" era started in 2007 when Garnett and Ray Allen joined the C's via a pair of trades to team up with long-time Celtic, Paul Pierce. The trio won the NBA championship in the 2007-2008 season.
Garnett's best year in Boston came in 2007-2008 when he averaged 18.8 points, 9.2 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.3 steals and 1.4 blocked shots. His tenacity and intensity on both ends of the floor was one of the main factors why the Celtics went all the way to the title that year.
Pierce averages 21.5 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 3.9 APG and 1.4 SPG in a 16-year career in the NBA-- 15 of which were with Boston.
On KG and The Truth’s return to Boston, their Nets beat their former team in a low-scoring affair, 85-to-79. Both finished with just six points each and missed a combined 11 shots of 16 attempts from the field.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate