‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Khan Starrer Mints ₹60.68 Crore ; Fails to Beat 'YJHD', 'Dabangg 2' 1st Weekend Figures
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 27, 2014 7:20 PM EST
Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" witnessed a huge jump in collections on its third day (26 January).
"Jai Ho" is estimated to have earned over ₹26 crore nett on Sunday, which is quite higher than the collections it fetched from the first two days at the box office. The film's opening weekend collection now amounts to over ₹60 crore.
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
The Salman starrer, which released on 24 January, was expected to take record openings on the first day of its release. But the film minted only ₹17.75 crore on the first day, which is low for a film that released in a good number of screens. Surprisingly, the film's collections further dropped on the second day and it could fetch only ₹16.68 crore.
However, the film saw big numbers on 26 January as it was a Republic Day holiday, as well as a Sunday.
"#JaiHo Fri 17.75 cr, Sat 16.68 cr, Sun *est* 26.25 cr. Total: ₹ 60.68 cr nett. India biz only. Figures from my sources & confirmed with Eros," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Jai Ho" has surpassed the opening weekend collections of Salman's previous releases, including "Dabangg" (₹48.50 crore) and "Ready" (₹40.65 crore). It also surpassed the first weekend collections of hit films including "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-leela" (₹52.75 crore), "Race 2" (₹51.35 crore) and "Don 2" (₹48.39 crore) among others.
However, the film failed to break the first weekend collections of Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express" (₹100.42 crore), Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3" (₹107.61 crore), Salman's "Ek Tha Tiger" (₹100.16 crore), "Dabangg 2" (₹65.00 crore) and Ranbir Kapoor's "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" (₹62.11 crore) among others.
"Jai Ho" has taken 12th spot in the list of all-time top 25 opening weekend grossers in India, according to Bollywood Hungama. Though the film's collections skyrocketed on the third day, lack of good numbers on the first two days affected its first weekend collections to a great extent.
The action drama flick failed to cross the ₹100-crore mark in its debut weekend; a feat that was achieved by the actor's contemporaries Shah Rukh and Aamir last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists