‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Khan Starrer Mints ₹60.68 Crore ; Fails to Beat 'YJHD', 'Dabangg 2' 1st Weekend Figures
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 27, 2014 7:20 PM EST
Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" witnessed a huge jump in collections on its third day (26 January).
"Jai Ho" is estimated to have earned over ₹26 crore nett on Sunday, which is quite higher than the collections it fetched from the first two days at the box office. The film's opening weekend collection now amounts to over ₹60 crore.
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
The Salman starrer, which released on 24 January, was expected to take record openings on the first day of its release. But the film minted only ₹17.75 crore on the first day, which is low for a film that released in a good number of screens. Surprisingly, the film's collections further dropped on the second day and it could fetch only ₹16.68 crore.
However, the film saw big numbers on 26 January as it was a Republic Day holiday, as well as a Sunday.
"#JaiHo Fri 17.75 cr, Sat 16.68 cr, Sun *est* 26.25 cr. Total: ₹ 60.68 cr nett. India biz only. Figures from my sources & confirmed with Eros," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Jai Ho" has surpassed the opening weekend collections of Salman's previous releases, including "Dabangg" (₹48.50 crore) and "Ready" (₹40.65 crore). It also surpassed the first weekend collections of hit films including "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-leela" (₹52.75 crore), "Race 2" (₹51.35 crore) and "Don 2" (₹48.39 crore) among others.
However, the film failed to break the first weekend collections of Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express" (₹100.42 crore), Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3" (₹107.61 crore), Salman's "Ek Tha Tiger" (₹100.16 crore), "Dabangg 2" (₹65.00 crore) and Ranbir Kapoor's "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" (₹62.11 crore) among others.
"Jai Ho" has taken 12th spot in the list of all-time top 25 opening weekend grossers in India, according to Bollywood Hungama. Though the film's collections skyrocketed on the third day, lack of good numbers on the first two days affected its first weekend collections to a great extent.
The action drama flick failed to cross the ₹100-crore mark in its debut weekend; a feat that was achieved by the actor's contemporaries Shah Rukh and Aamir last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast