‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Khan Starrer Mints ₹60.68 Crore ; Fails to Beat 'YJHD', 'Dabangg 2' 1st Weekend Figures
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 27, 2014 7:20 PM EST
Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" witnessed a huge jump in collections on its third day (26 January).
"Jai Ho" is estimated to have earned over ₹26 crore nett on Sunday, which is quite higher than the collections it fetched from the first two days at the box office. The film's opening weekend collection now amounts to over ₹60 crore.
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
The Salman starrer, which released on 24 January, was expected to take record openings on the first day of its release. But the film minted only ₹17.75 crore on the first day, which is low for a film that released in a good number of screens. Surprisingly, the film's collections further dropped on the second day and it could fetch only ₹16.68 crore.
However, the film saw big numbers on 26 January as it was a Republic Day holiday, as well as a Sunday.
"#JaiHo Fri 17.75 cr, Sat 16.68 cr, Sun *est* 26.25 cr. Total: ₹ 60.68 cr nett. India biz only. Figures from my sources & confirmed with Eros," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Jai Ho" has surpassed the opening weekend collections of Salman's previous releases, including "Dabangg" (₹48.50 crore) and "Ready" (₹40.65 crore). It also surpassed the first weekend collections of hit films including "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-leela" (₹52.75 crore), "Race 2" (₹51.35 crore) and "Don 2" (₹48.39 crore) among others.
However, the film failed to break the first weekend collections of Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express" (₹100.42 crore), Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3" (₹107.61 crore), Salman's "Ek Tha Tiger" (₹100.16 crore), "Dabangg 2" (₹65.00 crore) and Ranbir Kapoor's "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" (₹62.11 crore) among others.
"Jai Ho" has taken 12th spot in the list of all-time top 25 opening weekend grossers in India, according to Bollywood Hungama. Though the film's collections skyrocketed on the third day, lack of good numbers on the first two days affected its first weekend collections to a great extent.
The action drama flick failed to cross the ₹100-crore mark in its debut weekend; a feat that was achieved by the actor's contemporaries Shah Rukh and Aamir last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown