‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Khan Starrer Mints ₹60.68 Crore ; Fails to Beat 'YJHD', 'Dabangg 2' 1st Weekend Figures
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 27, 2014 7:20 PM EST
Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" witnessed a huge jump in collections on its third day (26 January).
"Jai Ho" is estimated to have earned over ₹26 crore nett on Sunday, which is quite higher than the collections it fetched from the first two days at the box office. The film's opening weekend collection now amounts to over ₹60 crore.
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
The Salman starrer, which released on 24 January, was expected to take record openings on the first day of its release. But the film minted only ₹17.75 crore on the first day, which is low for a film that released in a good number of screens. Surprisingly, the film's collections further dropped on the second day and it could fetch only ₹16.68 crore.
However, the film saw big numbers on 26 January as it was a Republic Day holiday, as well as a Sunday.
"#JaiHo Fri 17.75 cr, Sat 16.68 cr, Sun *est* 26.25 cr. Total: ₹ 60.68 cr nett. India biz only. Figures from my sources & confirmed with Eros," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Jai Ho" has surpassed the opening weekend collections of Salman's previous releases, including "Dabangg" (₹48.50 crore) and "Ready" (₹40.65 crore). It also surpassed the first weekend collections of hit films including "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-leela" (₹52.75 crore), "Race 2" (₹51.35 crore) and "Don 2" (₹48.39 crore) among others.
However, the film failed to break the first weekend collections of Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express" (₹100.42 crore), Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3" (₹107.61 crore), Salman's "Ek Tha Tiger" (₹100.16 crore), "Dabangg 2" (₹65.00 crore) and Ranbir Kapoor's "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" (₹62.11 crore) among others.
"Jai Ho" has taken 12th spot in the list of all-time top 25 opening weekend grossers in India, according to Bollywood Hungama. Though the film's collections skyrocketed on the third day, lack of good numbers on the first two days affected its first weekend collections to a great extent.
The action drama flick failed to cross the ₹100-crore mark in its debut weekend; a feat that was achieved by the actor's contemporaries Shah Rukh and Aamir last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS