‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Khan Starrer Mints ₹60.68 Crore ; Fails to Beat 'YJHD', 'Dabangg 2' 1st Weekend Figures
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 27, 2014 7:20 PM EST
Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" witnessed a huge jump in collections on its third day (26 January).
"Jai Ho" is estimated to have earned over ₹26 crore nett on Sunday, which is quite higher than the collections it fetched from the first two days at the box office. The film's opening weekend collection now amounts to over ₹60 crore.
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
The Salman starrer, which released on 24 January, was expected to take record openings on the first day of its release. But the film minted only ₹17.75 crore on the first day, which is low for a film that released in a good number of screens. Surprisingly, the film's collections further dropped on the second day and it could fetch only ₹16.68 crore.
However, the film saw big numbers on 26 January as it was a Republic Day holiday, as well as a Sunday.
"#JaiHo Fri 17.75 cr, Sat 16.68 cr, Sun *est* 26.25 cr. Total: ₹ 60.68 cr nett. India biz only. Figures from my sources & confirmed with Eros," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Jai Ho" has surpassed the opening weekend collections of Salman's previous releases, including "Dabangg" (₹48.50 crore) and "Ready" (₹40.65 crore). It also surpassed the first weekend collections of hit films including "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-leela" (₹52.75 crore), "Race 2" (₹51.35 crore) and "Don 2" (₹48.39 crore) among others.
However, the film failed to break the first weekend collections of Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express" (₹100.42 crore), Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3" (₹107.61 crore), Salman's "Ek Tha Tiger" (₹100.16 crore), "Dabangg 2" (₹65.00 crore) and Ranbir Kapoor's "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" (₹62.11 crore) among others.
"Jai Ho" has taken 12th spot in the list of all-time top 25 opening weekend grossers in India, according to Bollywood Hungama. Though the film's collections skyrocketed on the third day, lack of good numbers on the first two days affected its first weekend collections to a great extent.
The action drama flick failed to cross the ₹100-crore mark in its debut weekend; a feat that was achieved by the actor's contemporaries Shah Rukh and Aamir last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]