Grammy Awards 2014: Beatles Reunite and Put Feud with Yoko Ono Behind Them
By Keerthi Mohan | January 27, 2014 7:10 PM EST
The two surviving members of Beatles reunited at the Grammy Awards 2014, where they were accorded the Lifetime Achievement award.
Sean Lennon and Yoko Ono arrive at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014.
While Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr jammed to the former’s "Queenie Eye”, Yoko Ono - the wife of John Lennon - was spotted dancing to the song. Also present were her son Sean Lennon, Olivia Harrison - the widow of George Harrison - and wives of McCartney and Starr.
According to Mail Online, McCartney and Ono seem to have buried the hatchet as they were spotted holding hands and talking at one point during the night. Till last year, they had a strained relationship, owing to differences in opinion over credits for Beatles tunes. Also, many Beatles fans considered Ono to be responsible for the band breaking up.
“She certainly didn't break the group up, the group was breaking up,” McCartney had said in an interview in 2012.
In a 2010 interview with the Mail Online, Ono had stated that she was hated by the whole world for falling in love with Lennon and “ruining” him.
“The Beatles were a group made up of four very complex men, and my small hand could not have broken these men up,” Ono stressed.
“When I met John, I was blamed for breaking up the Beatles, I was blamed for ruining John and I was painted as a dragon. I had to deal with that… I could have turned and ran, but that was never an option. People didn’t speak to me or they were just rude to my face. It did hurt…” she added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles