Box Office Collection: 'Yevadu' Nearing ₹50-crore Mark Worldwide; '1 Nenokkadine' Rocks US BO
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 27, 2014 5:55 PM EST
Ram Charan's "Yevadu" has done good business in two weeks at the worldwide box office.
"Yevadu" has reportedly earned ₹36.32 crore (share) in two weeks at the Andhra Pradesh box office.
Facebook/ 1 Nenokkadine
1 Nenokkadine (Official Facebook/ 1 Nenokkadine)
With the inclusion of collections from other areas such as Karnataka, Rest of India and Overseas, "Yevadu" has earned over ₹44 crore (share) in 14 days. The film is fast approaching the ₹50-crore mark at the worldwide box office.
The action-packed entertainer has successfully entered the third week at the box office. As new releases have failed to create an impact, "Yevadu" is likely to lead in its third week, according to AndhraBoxOffice website.
The action-packed entertainer has turned out to be a safe film for distributors, thanks to a fantastic performance in the first week. Although the second week collections have dropped, "Yevadu" has managed to fetch in decent collections. The film has done quite well in other areas in India, but its performance from overseas markets has been disappointing.
"Yevadu" is a typical revenge drama with the inclusion of commercial elements such as action, heroism, romance, songs and comedy. The film was received well in India, but has failed to impress the overseas audience.
On the other hand, "1 Nenokkadine", which did not live up to the expectations in India, has done exceptionally well in overseas markets.
The film has grossed over $1.2 million on 24 January at the US box office. The Mahesh Babu starrer has been listed among the top four Telugu film grossers in the US. Among the four films, three have Mahesh Babu in the lead role.
"#1nenokkadine collects $1274.5K as of 24 jan in USA. 4th highest Telugu reported grosser in USA. 3 among top 4 belongs to Mahesh," tweeted Jeevi, editor and reviewer of idlebrain.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales