Box Office Collection: 'Yevadu' Nearing ₹50-crore Mark Worldwide; '1 Nenokkadine' Rocks US BO
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 27, 2014 5:55 PM EST
Ram Charan's "Yevadu" has done good business in two weeks at the worldwide box office.
"Yevadu" has reportedly earned ₹36.32 crore (share) in two weeks at the Andhra Pradesh box office.
Facebook/ 1 Nenokkadine
1 Nenokkadine (Official Facebook/ 1 Nenokkadine)
With the inclusion of collections from other areas such as Karnataka, Rest of India and Overseas, "Yevadu" has earned over ₹44 crore (share) in 14 days. The film is fast approaching the ₹50-crore mark at the worldwide box office.
The action-packed entertainer has successfully entered the third week at the box office. As new releases have failed to create an impact, "Yevadu" is likely to lead in its third week, according to AndhraBoxOffice website.
The action-packed entertainer has turned out to be a safe film for distributors, thanks to a fantastic performance in the first week. Although the second week collections have dropped, "Yevadu" has managed to fetch in decent collections. The film has done quite well in other areas in India, but its performance from overseas markets has been disappointing.
"Yevadu" is a typical revenge drama with the inclusion of commercial elements such as action, heroism, romance, songs and comedy. The film was received well in India, but has failed to impress the overseas audience.
On the other hand, "1 Nenokkadine", which did not live up to the expectations in India, has done exceptionally well in overseas markets.
The film has grossed over $1.2 million on 24 January at the US box office. The Mahesh Babu starrer has been listed among the top four Telugu film grossers in the US. Among the four films, three have Mahesh Babu in the lead role.
"#1nenokkadine collects $1274.5K as of 24 jan in USA. 4th highest Telugu reported grosser in USA. 3 among top 4 belongs to Mahesh," tweeted Jeevi, editor and reviewer of idlebrain.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans