Nifty Slumps over 2%, Posts Biggest Fall this Year
January 27, 2014 5:31 PM EST
The Nifty fell as much as 2.1 percent on Monday and headed towards its biggest daily since September 3 as a rout in emerging markets hit blue chips, while lenders were hit further by caution ahead of the central bank's policy review.
The Nifty was down 2.05 percent at 2:56 p.m., heading for its biggest fall since a 3.8 percent fall on September 3 when domestic shares were hit by worries about military tensions in Syria.
The Sensex lost 2.03 percent.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery