Nifty Slumps over 2%, Posts Biggest Fall this Year
January 27, 2014 5:31 PM EST
The Nifty fell as much as 2.1 percent on Monday and headed towards its biggest daily since September 3 as a rout in emerging markets hit blue chips, while lenders were hit further by caution ahead of the central bank's policy review.
The Nifty was down 2.05 percent at 2:56 p.m., heading for its biggest fall since a 3.8 percent fall on September 3 when domestic shares were hit by worries about military tensions in Syria.
The Sensex lost 2.03 percent.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation