Nifty Slumps over 2%, Posts Biggest Fall this Year
January 27, 2014 5:31 PM EST
The Nifty fell as much as 2.1 percent on Monday and headed towards its biggest daily since September 3 as a rout in emerging markets hit blue chips, while lenders were hit further by caution ahead of the central bank's policy review.
The Nifty was down 2.05 percent at 2:56 p.m., heading for its biggest fall since a 3.8 percent fall on September 3 when domestic shares were hit by worries about military tensions in Syria.
The Sensex lost 2.03 percent.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How