Nifty Slumps over 2%, Posts Biggest Fall this Year
January 27, 2014 5:31 PM EST
The Nifty fell as much as 2.1 percent on Monday and headed towards its biggest daily since September 3 as a rout in emerging markets hit blue chips, while lenders were hit further by caution ahead of the central bank's policy review.
The Nifty was down 2.05 percent at 2:56 p.m., heading for its biggest fall since a 3.8 percent fall on September 3 when domestic shares were hit by worries about military tensions in Syria.
The Sensex lost 2.03 percent.
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft