Manchester United Transfer News: Premier League Champs Reject Januzaj Bid as Moyes Promises More Big Signings
By Deepak Vikraman | January 27, 2014 5:26 PM EST
Manchester United, after completing the club record capture of Juan Mata from Chelsea, have made it clear they don't plan to sell any of their major players, rejecting an offer for Adnan Januzaj.
Manchester United playmaker Adnan Januzaj celebrates after scoring against West Ham in the English Premier League, 21 December, 2013.
Januzaj has been one of the few bright sparks for United this season, revelling in the multiple opportunities handed out by David Moyes.
Those sparkling performances have seen the teenager's stock rise considerably with United reportedly turning down an offer from Paris Saint-Germain, according to The Guardian.
United, while rejecting the offer outright, also made it clear to PSG they would not sell Januzaj for any price. And if Moyes has his way, there could be a lot more players of the quality of Januzaj and Mata coming in soon.
"This is the first, and there will be many more to come in time," Moyes said. "I want the quality of Juan to be the start of it.
"I don't think we will have any more (new signings) in January - I'm still working on it and looking to do so. But hopefully it will be the first of some new signings, some new players who will arrive, more likely in the summertime."
The former Everton manager, who has struggled considerably for consistency since taking over from Sir Alex Ferguson at the beginning of the season, also revealed Mata's signing had made a positive impact on the team's dressing room.
"Undoubtedly we could all do with a bit of a lift, we have not done as well as we would have liked to do," he said. "We see this as the start, we have to look to improve and I'm going to try to bring in some new players to make that happen.
"I want to build an exciting team, I want to win and I want to give the supporters something to shout about -- I've not done that often enough."
United have also been linked with moves for Southampton left-back Luke Shaw, while Moyes is considering making a bid for Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye, with Inter Milan's Fredy Guarin also thought to be an option.
Moreover, Moyes was seen talking to Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos' agent, while United also reportedly hold an interest in the German club's striker Mario Mandzukic.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 US Open: Down Goes Maria Sharapova, BF Grigor Dimitrov Advances
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers