Film Writer Kambar Should be Ashamed of Supporting Dubbing, Says Actor Prem
By Vijayalaxmi Kamaladinni | January 27, 2014 3:59 PM EST
Kannada actor Nenapirali Prem has come down heavily upon Jnanpith awardee Chandrashekar Kambar for supporting dubbing in films. The "Chandra" star has criticised the veteran Kannada writer stating that being a senior in the industry, he should be ashamed of advocating dubbing.
At the recently held Kannada Sahitya Sammelan, Kambar said dubbing would help in the development of the Kannada language. His comments have raised a few eyebrows, and have particularly infuriated Prem.
The actor, who participated in a debate on dubbing on Kannada News channel TV9, was aggressive in condemning Kambar. "He should be ashamed of himself for supporting dubbing," he said. Adding to his outrage, he said the writer should have known about dubbing and its pros and cons before expressing his views.
Prem said, "It doesn't go well with a veteran writer like Kambar when he expresses his views before media without the cognizance of the issue. It is not like somebody said that it helps the growth of the language and you agreed," Prem said during the debate.
"If somebody as old and knowledgeable person like Kambar comments about dubbing without knowing about it fully, then what about we youths? What should we speak?"
Prem didn't spare others in the industry who are in support of dubbing. "I have participated in several movements in the past supporting Kannada cause and for me Kannada is like mother and when I see some producers and directors supporting dubbing it pains me. They should also be ashamed of themselves," he said.
Retaliating to his comments, Kambar later told the the TV channel over phone: "Why should I be ashamed? I know what I am talking about. I have never talked or gone against Kannada or Kannada film industry. My view is that the benefits of watching scientific and technical high grade movies should reach the youths of village. You tell this to the actor in his own language."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date