Dozens Dead after Tourist Boat Capsizes off Andaman Islands
January 27, 2014 3:17 PM EST
At least 21 people died after a boat carrying Indian tourists capsized off Andaman Islands, officials said on Sunday.
"A boat with some 40 odd people sank earlier today," Anand Prakash, Chief Secretary of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, told Reuters. "Some 13-15 have been rescued. We are continuing rescue operations."
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
He said there were no foreign tourists on board.
The relatively remote Andaman and Nicobar islands are a popular tourist destination for many Indians.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles