2014 Grammy Awards: What to Expect in Music’s Grandest Night
By Riza Ornos | January 27, 2014 11:58 AM EST
The 56th Annual Grammy Awards is scheduled to kick off this Sunday, Jan. 27 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles at 4 P.M with its famous pre-telecast ceremony. Known as "music's biggest night" by its organizers, the 2014 Grammy Awards pre-telecast is hosted by singer-songwriter Cyndi Lauper as the Grammy awards an approximately 70 categories for music's brightest talents.
For the past years, the Grammy Awards is known for its memorable match-ups of performers and this time around the award body is pairing up metal icons Mettalica with classical pianist Lang Lang. The dashing R&B singer Robin Thicke is paired with power balladeer Chicago and rapper Kendrick Lamar with alt-rockers Imagine Dragons.
Ringo Star is set to perform his 1973 hit "Photograph" against a montage of photos from his book of the same name. According to reports, there is a possibility that the two old friends from Beatles will share the stage together.
The late Phil Everly will be given an In Memoriam segment by Greenday's frontman Billie Joe Armstrong and country singer Miranda Lambert. John Legend will also take the spotlight as he sings "All of Me" from his album "Love In the Future."
Fans from all over the world are set to be treated with a hard rock finale as the 2014 Grammy Awards will bring together Queens of Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails, Dave Grohl and Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.
Other performers who will bring the awards night to the next level includes power couple Jay-Z and Beyonce, Kiwi singer Lorde, Katy Perry, Pink and two of surviving Beatles, Paul McCartney and Ringo Star. All these performers will take the Grammy stage during the televised gala.
After the 2014 Grammy Awards pre-telecast, the fun of the night continues at the Staples Center in Los Angeles at 8 P.M. ET. The awards night can be watched on CBS network and online streams GRAMMY Live and CBS.com.
Music channel MTV will also provide a detailed coverage of the 2014 Grammy Awards red carpet event from 3 P.M... E! will also cover the live coverage of the red carpet from 6 P.M. ET hosted by Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone