2014 Grammy Awards: What to Expect in Music’s Grandest Night
By Riza Ornos | January 27, 2014 11:58 AM EST
The 56th Annual Grammy Awards is scheduled to kick off this Sunday, Jan. 27 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles at 4 P.M with its famous pre-telecast ceremony. Known as "music's biggest night" by its organizers, the 2014 Grammy Awards pre-telecast is hosted by singer-songwriter Cyndi Lauper as the Grammy awards an approximately 70 categories for music's brightest talents.
For the past years, the Grammy Awards is known for its memorable match-ups of performers and this time around the award body is pairing up metal icons Mettalica with classical pianist Lang Lang. The dashing R&B singer Robin Thicke is paired with power balladeer Chicago and rapper Kendrick Lamar with alt-rockers Imagine Dragons.
Ringo Star is set to perform his 1973 hit "Photograph" against a montage of photos from his book of the same name. According to reports, there is a possibility that the two old friends from Beatles will share the stage together.
The late Phil Everly will be given an In Memoriam segment by Greenday's frontman Billie Joe Armstrong and country singer Miranda Lambert. John Legend will also take the spotlight as he sings "All of Me" from his album "Love In the Future."
Fans from all over the world are set to be treated with a hard rock finale as the 2014 Grammy Awards will bring together Queens of Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails, Dave Grohl and Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.
Other performers who will bring the awards night to the next level includes power couple Jay-Z and Beyonce, Kiwi singer Lorde, Katy Perry, Pink and two of surviving Beatles, Paul McCartney and Ringo Star. All these performers will take the Grammy stage during the televised gala.
After the 2014 Grammy Awards pre-telecast, the fun of the night continues at the Staples Center in Los Angeles at 8 P.M. ET. The awards night can be watched on CBS network and online streams GRAMMY Live and CBS.com.
Music channel MTV will also provide a detailed coverage of the 2014 Grammy Awards red carpet event from 3 P.M... E! will also cover the live coverage of the red carpet from 6 P.M. ET hosted by Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features