2014 Grammy Awards: What to Expect in Music’s Grandest Night
By Riza Ornos | January 27, 2014 11:58 AM EST
The 56th Annual Grammy Awards is scheduled to kick off this Sunday, Jan. 27 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles at 4 P.M with its famous pre-telecast ceremony. Known as "music's biggest night" by its organizers, the 2014 Grammy Awards pre-telecast is hosted by singer-songwriter Cyndi Lauper as the Grammy awards an approximately 70 categories for music's brightest talents.
For the past years, the Grammy Awards is known for its memorable match-ups of performers and this time around the award body is pairing up metal icons Mettalica with classical pianist Lang Lang. The dashing R&B singer Robin Thicke is paired with power balladeer Chicago and rapper Kendrick Lamar with alt-rockers Imagine Dragons.
Ringo Star is set to perform his 1973 hit "Photograph" against a montage of photos from his book of the same name. According to reports, there is a possibility that the two old friends from Beatles will share the stage together.
The late Phil Everly will be given an In Memoriam segment by Greenday's frontman Billie Joe Armstrong and country singer Miranda Lambert. John Legend will also take the spotlight as he sings "All of Me" from his album "Love In the Future."
Fans from all over the world are set to be treated with a hard rock finale as the 2014 Grammy Awards will bring together Queens of Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails, Dave Grohl and Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.
Other performers who will bring the awards night to the next level includes power couple Jay-Z and Beyonce, Kiwi singer Lorde, Katy Perry, Pink and two of surviving Beatles, Paul McCartney and Ringo Star. All these performers will take the Grammy stage during the televised gala.
After the 2014 Grammy Awards pre-telecast, the fun of the night continues at the Staples Center in Los Angeles at 8 P.M. ET. The awards night can be watched on CBS network and online streams GRAMMY Live and CBS.com.
Music channel MTV will also provide a detailed coverage of the 2014 Grammy Awards red carpet event from 3 P.M... E! will also cover the live coverage of the red carpet from 6 P.M. ET hosted by Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions