2014 Grammy Awards: What to Expect in Music’s Grandest Night
By Riza Ornos | January 27, 2014 11:58 AM EST
The 56th Annual Grammy Awards is scheduled to kick off this Sunday, Jan. 27 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles at 4 P.M with its famous pre-telecast ceremony. Known as "music's biggest night" by its organizers, the 2014 Grammy Awards pre-telecast is hosted by singer-songwriter Cyndi Lauper as the Grammy awards an approximately 70 categories for music's brightest talents.
For the past years, the Grammy Awards is known for its memorable match-ups of performers and this time around the award body is pairing up metal icons Mettalica with classical pianist Lang Lang. The dashing R&B singer Robin Thicke is paired with power balladeer Chicago and rapper Kendrick Lamar with alt-rockers Imagine Dragons.
Ringo Star is set to perform his 1973 hit "Photograph" against a montage of photos from his book of the same name. According to reports, there is a possibility that the two old friends from Beatles will share the stage together.
The late Phil Everly will be given an In Memoriam segment by Greenday's frontman Billie Joe Armstrong and country singer Miranda Lambert. John Legend will also take the spotlight as he sings "All of Me" from his album "Love In the Future."
Fans from all over the world are set to be treated with a hard rock finale as the 2014 Grammy Awards will bring together Queens of Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails, Dave Grohl and Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.
Other performers who will bring the awards night to the next level includes power couple Jay-Z and Beyonce, Kiwi singer Lorde, Katy Perry, Pink and two of surviving Beatles, Paul McCartney and Ringo Star. All these performers will take the Grammy stage during the televised gala.
After the 2014 Grammy Awards pre-telecast, the fun of the night continues at the Staples Center in Los Angeles at 8 P.M. ET. The awards night can be watched on CBS network and online streams GRAMMY Live and CBS.com.
Music channel MTV will also provide a detailed coverage of the 2014 Grammy Awards red carpet event from 3 P.M... E! will also cover the live coverage of the red carpet from 6 P.M. ET hosted by Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage