2014 Grammy Awards: What to Expect in Music’s Grandest Night
By Riza Ornos | January 27, 2014 11:58 AM EST
The 56th Annual Grammy Awards is scheduled to kick off this Sunday, Jan. 27 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles at 4 P.M with its famous pre-telecast ceremony. Known as "music's biggest night" by its organizers, the 2014 Grammy Awards pre-telecast is hosted by singer-songwriter Cyndi Lauper as the Grammy awards an approximately 70 categories for music's brightest talents.
For the past years, the Grammy Awards is known for its memorable match-ups of performers and this time around the award body is pairing up metal icons Mettalica with classical pianist Lang Lang. The dashing R&B singer Robin Thicke is paired with power balladeer Chicago and rapper Kendrick Lamar with alt-rockers Imagine Dragons.
Ringo Star is set to perform his 1973 hit "Photograph" against a montage of photos from his book of the same name. According to reports, there is a possibility that the two old friends from Beatles will share the stage together.
The late Phil Everly will be given an In Memoriam segment by Greenday's frontman Billie Joe Armstrong and country singer Miranda Lambert. John Legend will also take the spotlight as he sings "All of Me" from his album "Love In the Future."
Fans from all over the world are set to be treated with a hard rock finale as the 2014 Grammy Awards will bring together Queens of Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails, Dave Grohl and Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.
Other performers who will bring the awards night to the next level includes power couple Jay-Z and Beyonce, Kiwi singer Lorde, Katy Perry, Pink and two of surviving Beatles, Paul McCartney and Ringo Star. All these performers will take the Grammy stage during the televised gala.
After the 2014 Grammy Awards pre-telecast, the fun of the night continues at the Staples Center in Los Angeles at 8 P.M. ET. The awards night can be watched on CBS network and online streams GRAMMY Live and CBS.com.
Music channel MTV will also provide a detailed coverage of the 2014 Grammy Awards red carpet event from 3 P.M... E! will also cover the live coverage of the red carpet from 6 P.M. ET hosted by Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People