‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Drops on Day 2, Earns ₹33.80 Crore in Two Days
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 26, 2014 10:17 PM EST
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
The film's collections have dropped compared to the first day. "Jai Ho" had earned ₹17.55 crore on the first day of its release and the film's business was expected to pick up on Saturday (25 January).
Unfortunately, the collections dropped on the second day and the film minted only ₹16.25 crore nett at the Indian box office. The film's two-day total from India stand at ₹33.80 crore nett, according to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
"#JaiHo Fri ₹ 17.55 cr, Sat ₹ 16.25 cr. Total: ₹ 33.80 cr nett... Info collected from my sources and confirmed with Eros. India biz only," Taran tweeted.
Salman, who was on a roll with back-to-back successful films like "Dabangg", "Ready", "Bodyguard", "Ek Tha Tiger" and "Dabangg 2", returned to the silver screen after a span of one year. The actor did not have any releases last year while his contemporaries, including Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan, had big hits in the form of "Chennai Express" and "Dhoom 3" respectively.
"Dhoom 3" is the highest grossing Bollywood film, with the action thriller raking in over ₹280 crore (nett) in India. Salman Khan's "Jai Ho", the first big release of 2014, was expected to get record breaking openings. Despite getting released in a good number of screens, "Jai Ho" managed to fetch only ₹17.55 crore on the first day.
The film failed to beat the opening day collections of "Dhoom 3" (₹36.22 crore), "Chennai Express" (₹33.12 crore) and many other big films. The Salman starrer could not even break the first day collections of the actor's past releases, including "Ek Tha Tiger" (₹32.93 crore), "Bodyguard" (₹21.60 crore) and "Dabangg 2" (₹21.10 crore).
"Jai Ho" has taken the 11th spot in the list of all time top 25 opening day grossers in India, according to Bollywood Hungama.
With the film's collections having dropped on day 2, it remains to be seen as to how the action entertainer fares on the third day (26 January). The film is expected to get big numbers on day 3 as it is the Republic Day holiday, as well as a Sunday.
However, "Jai Ho" is unlikely to surpass "Dhoom 3" or "Chennai Express" opening weekend collections as they crossed the ₹100-crore mark in their first weekend. For "Jai Ho" to earn more than ₹100 crore, the film has rake in over ₹60 crore on Sunday, which is quite impossible.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef