‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Drops on Day 2, Earns ₹33.80 Crore in Two Days
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 26, 2014 10:17 PM EST
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
The film's collections have dropped compared to the first day. "Jai Ho" had earned ₹17.55 crore on the first day of its release and the film's business was expected to pick up on Saturday (25 January).
Unfortunately, the collections dropped on the second day and the film minted only ₹16.25 crore nett at the Indian box office. The film's two-day total from India stand at ₹33.80 crore nett, according to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
"#JaiHo Fri ₹ 17.55 cr, Sat ₹ 16.25 cr. Total: ₹ 33.80 cr nett... Info collected from my sources and confirmed with Eros. India biz only," Taran tweeted.
Salman, who was on a roll with back-to-back successful films like "Dabangg", "Ready", "Bodyguard", "Ek Tha Tiger" and "Dabangg 2", returned to the silver screen after a span of one year. The actor did not have any releases last year while his contemporaries, including Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan, had big hits in the form of "Chennai Express" and "Dhoom 3" respectively.
"Dhoom 3" is the highest grossing Bollywood film, with the action thriller raking in over ₹280 crore (nett) in India. Salman Khan's "Jai Ho", the first big release of 2014, was expected to get record breaking openings. Despite getting released in a good number of screens, "Jai Ho" managed to fetch only ₹17.55 crore on the first day.
The film failed to beat the opening day collections of "Dhoom 3" (₹36.22 crore), "Chennai Express" (₹33.12 crore) and many other big films. The Salman starrer could not even break the first day collections of the actor's past releases, including "Ek Tha Tiger" (₹32.93 crore), "Bodyguard" (₹21.60 crore) and "Dabangg 2" (₹21.10 crore).
"Jai Ho" has taken the 11th spot in the list of all time top 25 opening day grossers in India, according to Bollywood Hungama.
With the film's collections having dropped on day 2, it remains to be seen as to how the action entertainer fares on the third day (26 January). The film is expected to get big numbers on day 3 as it is the Republic Day holiday, as well as a Sunday.
However, "Jai Ho" is unlikely to surpass "Dhoom 3" or "Chennai Express" opening weekend collections as they crossed the ₹100-crore mark in their first weekend. For "Jai Ho" to earn more than ₹100 crore, the film has rake in over ₹60 crore on Sunday, which is quite impossible.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales