‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Drops on Day 2, Earns ₹33.80 Crore in Two Days
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 26, 2014 10:17 PM EST
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
The film's collections have dropped compared to the first day. "Jai Ho" had earned ₹17.55 crore on the first day of its release and the film's business was expected to pick up on Saturday (25 January).
Unfortunately, the collections dropped on the second day and the film minted only ₹16.25 crore nett at the Indian box office. The film's two-day total from India stand at ₹33.80 crore nett, according to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
"#JaiHo Fri ₹ 17.55 cr, Sat ₹ 16.25 cr. Total: ₹ 33.80 cr nett... Info collected from my sources and confirmed with Eros. India biz only," Taran tweeted.
Salman, who was on a roll with back-to-back successful films like "Dabangg", "Ready", "Bodyguard", "Ek Tha Tiger" and "Dabangg 2", returned to the silver screen after a span of one year. The actor did not have any releases last year while his contemporaries, including Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan, had big hits in the form of "Chennai Express" and "Dhoom 3" respectively.
"Dhoom 3" is the highest grossing Bollywood film, with the action thriller raking in over ₹280 crore (nett) in India. Salman Khan's "Jai Ho", the first big release of 2014, was expected to get record breaking openings. Despite getting released in a good number of screens, "Jai Ho" managed to fetch only ₹17.55 crore on the first day.
The film failed to beat the opening day collections of "Dhoom 3" (₹36.22 crore), "Chennai Express" (₹33.12 crore) and many other big films. The Salman starrer could not even break the first day collections of the actor's past releases, including "Ek Tha Tiger" (₹32.93 crore), "Bodyguard" (₹21.60 crore) and "Dabangg 2" (₹21.10 crore).
"Jai Ho" has taken the 11th spot in the list of all time top 25 opening day grossers in India, according to Bollywood Hungama.
With the film's collections having dropped on day 2, it remains to be seen as to how the action entertainer fares on the third day (26 January). The film is expected to get big numbers on day 3 as it is the Republic Day holiday, as well as a Sunday.
However, "Jai Ho" is unlikely to surpass "Dhoom 3" or "Chennai Express" opening weekend collections as they crossed the ₹100-crore mark in their first weekend. For "Jai Ho" to earn more than ₹100 crore, the film has rake in over ₹60 crore on Sunday, which is quite impossible.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- American Horror Story Season 4 Freak Show to Feature Scariest Villain, Names of Season 4 Characters Revealed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’