‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Drops on Day 2, Earns ₹33.80 Crore in Two Days
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 26, 2014 10:17 PM EST
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
The film's collections have dropped compared to the first day. "Jai Ho" had earned ₹17.55 crore on the first day of its release and the film's business was expected to pick up on Saturday (25 January).
Unfortunately, the collections dropped on the second day and the film minted only ₹16.25 crore nett at the Indian box office. The film's two-day total from India stand at ₹33.80 crore nett, according to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
"#JaiHo Fri ₹ 17.55 cr, Sat ₹ 16.25 cr. Total: ₹ 33.80 cr nett... Info collected from my sources and confirmed with Eros. India biz only," Taran tweeted.
Salman, who was on a roll with back-to-back successful films like "Dabangg", "Ready", "Bodyguard", "Ek Tha Tiger" and "Dabangg 2", returned to the silver screen after a span of one year. The actor did not have any releases last year while his contemporaries, including Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan, had big hits in the form of "Chennai Express" and "Dhoom 3" respectively.
"Dhoom 3" is the highest grossing Bollywood film, with the action thriller raking in over ₹280 crore (nett) in India. Salman Khan's "Jai Ho", the first big release of 2014, was expected to get record breaking openings. Despite getting released in a good number of screens, "Jai Ho" managed to fetch only ₹17.55 crore on the first day.
The film failed to beat the opening day collections of "Dhoom 3" (₹36.22 crore), "Chennai Express" (₹33.12 crore) and many other big films. The Salman starrer could not even break the first day collections of the actor's past releases, including "Ek Tha Tiger" (₹32.93 crore), "Bodyguard" (₹21.60 crore) and "Dabangg 2" (₹21.10 crore).
"Jai Ho" has taken the 11th spot in the list of all time top 25 opening day grossers in India, according to Bollywood Hungama.
With the film's collections having dropped on day 2, it remains to be seen as to how the action entertainer fares on the third day (26 January). The film is expected to get big numbers on day 3 as it is the Republic Day holiday, as well as a Sunday.
However, "Jai Ho" is unlikely to surpass "Dhoom 3" or "Chennai Express" opening weekend collections as they crossed the ₹100-crore mark in their first weekend. For "Jai Ho" to earn more than ₹100 crore, the film has rake in over ₹60 crore on Sunday, which is quite impossible.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier