‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Drops on Day 2, Earns ₹33.80 Crore in Two Days
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 26, 2014 10:17 PM EST
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
The film's collections have dropped compared to the first day. "Jai Ho" had earned ₹17.55 crore on the first day of its release and the film's business was expected to pick up on Saturday (25 January).
Unfortunately, the collections dropped on the second day and the film minted only ₹16.25 crore nett at the Indian box office. The film's two-day total from India stand at ₹33.80 crore nett, according to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
"#JaiHo Fri ₹ 17.55 cr, Sat ₹ 16.25 cr. Total: ₹ 33.80 cr nett... Info collected from my sources and confirmed with Eros. India biz only," Taran tweeted.
Salman, who was on a roll with back-to-back successful films like "Dabangg", "Ready", "Bodyguard", "Ek Tha Tiger" and "Dabangg 2", returned to the silver screen after a span of one year. The actor did not have any releases last year while his contemporaries, including Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan, had big hits in the form of "Chennai Express" and "Dhoom 3" respectively.
"Dhoom 3" is the highest grossing Bollywood film, with the action thriller raking in over ₹280 crore (nett) in India. Salman Khan's "Jai Ho", the first big release of 2014, was expected to get record breaking openings. Despite getting released in a good number of screens, "Jai Ho" managed to fetch only ₹17.55 crore on the first day.
The film failed to beat the opening day collections of "Dhoom 3" (₹36.22 crore), "Chennai Express" (₹33.12 crore) and many other big films. The Salman starrer could not even break the first day collections of the actor's past releases, including "Ek Tha Tiger" (₹32.93 crore), "Bodyguard" (₹21.60 crore) and "Dabangg 2" (₹21.10 crore).
"Jai Ho" has taken the 11th spot in the list of all time top 25 opening day grossers in India, according to Bollywood Hungama.
With the film's collections having dropped on day 2, it remains to be seen as to how the action entertainer fares on the third day (26 January). The film is expected to get big numbers on day 3 as it is the Republic Day holiday, as well as a Sunday.
However, "Jai Ho" is unlikely to surpass "Dhoom 3" or "Chennai Express" opening weekend collections as they crossed the ₹100-crore mark in their first weekend. For "Jai Ho" to earn more than ₹100 crore, the film has rake in over ₹60 crore on Sunday, which is quite impossible.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery