Australian Open Final Where to Watch Live: Rafael Nadal vs Stanislas Wawrinka Free Live Streaming Information
By Vishnuprasad Pillai | January 26, 2014 7:19 PM EST
World number one Rafael Nadal will be keen to clinch his second Australian Open title, when he takes on surprise package Stanislas Wawrinka in the men's singles final at the Rod Laver Arena on Sunday.
Where to Watch Live
The match starts at 2pm IST, with Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2 in India. The matches can also be live streamed online HERE. Catch the action in Africa HERE, while viewers in the US can watch the matches via live streaming HERE. UK viewers can live stream the matches HERE and HERE.
The Australian Open title has been a rather elusive one for Nadal, with his only triumph in Melbourne coming way back in 2009, and it remains the only Grand Slam that the Spaniard has not won more than once.
However, the 27-year-old is currently enjoying one of his best spells on the court and is a heavy favourite to win on Sunday. Nadal enters the final on the back of a spectacular straight set victory (7-6 6-3 6-3) over Roger Federer in the semi on Friday.
Nadal is also looking to win the 14th Grand Slam title of his career today; an achievement that will see him equal Pete Sampras and go just three behind Federer's record tally of 17. But to do so, the man from Mallorca must get past Wawrinka, who is also playing the best tennis of his career at the moment. The Swiss has been really impressive in this edition and he capped it with a victory over world number two and Australian Open veteran Novak Djokovic, in a five-set thriller on his way to the final.
"I saw him play against Novak. I saw him play against (Tomas) Berdych. He's playing great. I know him. He's a good friend, great guy. So happy for him that he's in the final. He deserve it. He's playing better and better every year. He's serving unbelievable. He's hitting the ball very strong from the baseline. Very, very quick," the southpaw pointed out.
Nadal has won his last 12 matches against Wawrinka but the Spaniard said he will not be complacent today as the Swiss is playing at a different level now.
"[It] Is very difficult to play against him today. I know will be a very, very tough match. If I am not able to play my best, I think I will not have chances because he's coming to this match with a lot of victories and playing great," Nadal added.
Wawrinka, on the other hand, is playing his first ever Grand Slam final. The 28-year-old had a hit-and-miss career so far but he will be hoping to put an end to his title drought today.
The Swiss does face a familiar foe in Nadal, after participating in several practice sessions with the Spaniard in recent years.
"I'm happy to play Rafa, you know. He's a really good friend. We practice a lot together. He's amazing champion. So it's going to be a great final for sure to play him. I think he's playing for sure some of his best tennis. Especially when you have to play night session here it's a little bit slower. He can really play his game and try to play aggressive," Wawrinka stressed.
"Yeah, I play him so many times, lost so many times, but going to try again. I know what I have to do: I know that I have to play aggressive, serve really well, and trying to always push him. We'll see how I can do that tomorrow night," he added.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People