Ram Charan's 'Yevadu', Mahesh Babu's '1 Nenokkadine' Box Office Report
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 25, 2014 9:02 PM EST
Ram Charan's "Yevadu" has done so well at the box office that the film has turned to be a safe one for distributors within two weeks.
"Yevadu" had a fantastic first week with the film raking in over ₹30 crore share at the Andhra Pradesh box office. However, the film's performance had declined in its second week. The Ram Charan starrer minted ₹35.05 crore (share) in 11 days at the box office. Its two-week collections are yet to be revealed.
"Yevadu" has turned out to be a safe film for distributors in Andhra Pradesh. In Karnataka, the action-packed entertainer has earned good profits within a week, reported AndhraBoxOffice website.
However, the film's performance has been a big disappointment in overseas markets. The Ram Charan starrer reportedly earned $329,000 (gross) at the US box office as of 20 January, which is far lower than Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine" collections.
"1 Nenokkadine" surpassed $1 million and became the third Mahesh starrer to achieve that feat after "Dookudu" and "Seethama Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu." The psychological thriller has taken a place in the list of top four all time Telugu grossers at the US box office, according to a press release from Ficus, who distributed "1 Nenokkadine" at the overseas markets.
The press release also states that "1 Nenokkadine" is getting screened in 50 plus locations in its third week in the US.
On the other hand, the business of "1 Nenokkadine" is almost closed, except in a few areas in Andhra Pradesh including Nizam, Guntur and Vizag. The film, which was made on a budget of over ₹60 crore, failed to lived up to the expectations and fetched poor collections.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown