Justin Bieber's Mom Asks People to Pray for Her Troubled Son
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 25, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Justin Bieber's mother, Pattie Mallette, has been soliciting prayers for her troubled son. Pattie was worried about the Canadian teen pop sensation's health after his alleged drug use and other behavioral issues, as reported by Contact Music.
"I ask that people keep me and Justin in their minds," said Pattie. "I pray for him every day," she added. Pattie went on and said that the people in the entertainment industry may have been a factor why Justin acts the way he does right now.
"I think so many people go into the entertainment industry with amazing Christian roots and they go in with the right morals and they get influenced somehow," said Pattie.
Pattie was only 17 when she had Justin and admitted that she had also faced drug and alcohol problems in the past. However, she thinks that Justin shouldn't be condemned for his conduct and brushes with the law.
"If Justin's struggling, don't kick him when he's down or condemn him," Pattie said. "Pray for him," she concluded.
Justin is a Christian. He was raised in a conservative evangelical environment. However, Justin, as with any other teenager, went through social and emotional changes that had brought him into the spotlight.
On Thursday, TMZ reported that Justin was arrested in Miami for Driving Under the Influence (DUI). The singer was reportedly wasted. He was disobedient during the arrest and even cursed at the police officers. Justin is currently out on bail worth $2,500.
Meanwhile, Justin's manager Scooter Braun also shares the same sentiments as her mother. Following Justin's arrest on Thursday morning, Braun tweeted his support for the troubled pop star.
"@justinbieber love you and I will act in the manner of someone who truly cares, that is all I have to say, thanks for all those concerned," Braun tweeted. However, the tweet has long been deleted.
Being a celebrity is tough. The entire world is going to be watching every move you make and for Justin, the entire world is a critic. Maybe Pattie is right, people who loves Justin can pray for him and hope that God's intervening hand can help the troubled pop star overcome his addictions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan Proposes To 'Elena Williams' In Promo Trailer For Episode 4 Titled 'Black Hole Sun' [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge