Justin Bieber's Mom Asks People to Pray for Her Troubled Son
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 25, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Justin Bieber's mother, Pattie Mallette, has been soliciting prayers for her troubled son. Pattie was worried about the Canadian teen pop sensation's health after his alleged drug use and other behavioral issues, as reported by Contact Music.
"I ask that people keep me and Justin in their minds," said Pattie. "I pray for him every day," she added. Pattie went on and said that the people in the entertainment industry may have been a factor why Justin acts the way he does right now.
"I think so many people go into the entertainment industry with amazing Christian roots and they go in with the right morals and they get influenced somehow," said Pattie.
Pattie was only 17 when she had Justin and admitted that she had also faced drug and alcohol problems in the past. However, she thinks that Justin shouldn't be condemned for his conduct and brushes with the law.
"If Justin's struggling, don't kick him when he's down or condemn him," Pattie said. "Pray for him," she concluded.
Justin is a Christian. He was raised in a conservative evangelical environment. However, Justin, as with any other teenager, went through social and emotional changes that had brought him into the spotlight.
On Thursday, TMZ reported that Justin was arrested in Miami for Driving Under the Influence (DUI). The singer was reportedly wasted. He was disobedient during the arrest and even cursed at the police officers. Justin is currently out on bail worth $2,500.
Meanwhile, Justin's manager Scooter Braun also shares the same sentiments as her mother. Following Justin's arrest on Thursday morning, Braun tweeted his support for the troubled pop star.
"@justinbieber love you and I will act in the manner of someone who truly cares, that is all I have to say, thanks for all those concerned," Braun tweeted. However, the tweet has long been deleted.
Being a celebrity is tough. The entire world is going to be watching every move you make and for Justin, the entire world is a critic. Maybe Pattie is right, people who loves Justin can pray for him and hope that God's intervening hand can help the troubled pop star overcome his addictions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’