Justin Bieber's Mom Asks People to Pray for Her Troubled Son
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 25, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Justin Bieber's mother, Pattie Mallette, has been soliciting prayers for her troubled son. Pattie was worried about the Canadian teen pop sensation's health after his alleged drug use and other behavioral issues, as reported by Contact Music.
"I ask that people keep me and Justin in their minds," said Pattie. "I pray for him every day," she added. Pattie went on and said that the people in the entertainment industry may have been a factor why Justin acts the way he does right now.
"I think so many people go into the entertainment industry with amazing Christian roots and they go in with the right morals and they get influenced somehow," said Pattie.
Pattie was only 17 when she had Justin and admitted that she had also faced drug and alcohol problems in the past. However, she thinks that Justin shouldn't be condemned for his conduct and brushes with the law.
"If Justin's struggling, don't kick him when he's down or condemn him," Pattie said. "Pray for him," she concluded.
Justin is a Christian. He was raised in a conservative evangelical environment. However, Justin, as with any other teenager, went through social and emotional changes that had brought him into the spotlight.
On Thursday, TMZ reported that Justin was arrested in Miami for Driving Under the Influence (DUI). The singer was reportedly wasted. He was disobedient during the arrest and even cursed at the police officers. Justin is currently out on bail worth $2,500.
Meanwhile, Justin's manager Scooter Braun also shares the same sentiments as her mother. Following Justin's arrest on Thursday morning, Braun tweeted his support for the troubled pop star.
"@justinbieber love you and I will act in the manner of someone who truly cares, that is all I have to say, thanks for all those concerned," Braun tweeted. However, the tweet has long been deleted.
Being a celebrity is tough. The entire world is going to be watching every move you make and for Justin, the entire world is a critic. Maybe Pattie is right, people who loves Justin can pray for him and hope that God's intervening hand can help the troubled pop star overcome his addictions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display