Justin Bieber's Mom Asks People to Pray for Her Troubled Son
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 25, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Justin Bieber's mother, Pattie Mallette, has been soliciting prayers for her troubled son. Pattie was worried about the Canadian teen pop sensation's health after his alleged drug use and other behavioral issues, as reported by Contact Music.
"I ask that people keep me and Justin in their minds," said Pattie. "I pray for him every day," she added. Pattie went on and said that the people in the entertainment industry may have been a factor why Justin acts the way he does right now.
"I think so many people go into the entertainment industry with amazing Christian roots and they go in with the right morals and they get influenced somehow," said Pattie.
Pattie was only 17 when she had Justin and admitted that she had also faced drug and alcohol problems in the past. However, she thinks that Justin shouldn't be condemned for his conduct and brushes with the law.
"If Justin's struggling, don't kick him when he's down or condemn him," Pattie said. "Pray for him," she concluded.
Justin is a Christian. He was raised in a conservative evangelical environment. However, Justin, as with any other teenager, went through social and emotional changes that had brought him into the spotlight.
On Thursday, TMZ reported that Justin was arrested in Miami for Driving Under the Influence (DUI). The singer was reportedly wasted. He was disobedient during the arrest and even cursed at the police officers. Justin is currently out on bail worth $2,500.
Meanwhile, Justin's manager Scooter Braun also shares the same sentiments as her mother. Following Justin's arrest on Thursday morning, Braun tweeted his support for the troubled pop star.
"@justinbieber love you and I will act in the manner of someone who truly cares, that is all I have to say, thanks for all those concerned," Braun tweeted. However, the tweet has long been deleted.
Being a celebrity is tough. The entire world is going to be watching every move you make and for Justin, the entire world is a critic. Maybe Pattie is right, people who loves Justin can pray for him and hope that God's intervening hand can help the troubled pop star overcome his addictions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet