Justin Bieber's Mom Asks People to Pray for Her Troubled Son
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 25, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Justin Bieber's mother, Pattie Mallette, has been soliciting prayers for her troubled son. Pattie was worried about the Canadian teen pop sensation's health after his alleged drug use and other behavioral issues, as reported by Contact Music.
"I ask that people keep me and Justin in their minds," said Pattie. "I pray for him every day," she added. Pattie went on and said that the people in the entertainment industry may have been a factor why Justin acts the way he does right now.
"I think so many people go into the entertainment industry with amazing Christian roots and they go in with the right morals and they get influenced somehow," said Pattie.
Pattie was only 17 when she had Justin and admitted that she had also faced drug and alcohol problems in the past. However, she thinks that Justin shouldn't be condemned for his conduct and brushes with the law.
"If Justin's struggling, don't kick him when he's down or condemn him," Pattie said. "Pray for him," she concluded.
Justin is a Christian. He was raised in a conservative evangelical environment. However, Justin, as with any other teenager, went through social and emotional changes that had brought him into the spotlight.
On Thursday, TMZ reported that Justin was arrested in Miami for Driving Under the Influence (DUI). The singer was reportedly wasted. He was disobedient during the arrest and even cursed at the police officers. Justin is currently out on bail worth $2,500.
Meanwhile, Justin's manager Scooter Braun also shares the same sentiments as her mother. Following Justin's arrest on Thursday morning, Braun tweeted his support for the troubled pop star.
"@justinbieber love you and I will act in the manner of someone who truly cares, that is all I have to say, thanks for all those concerned," Braun tweeted. However, the tweet has long been deleted.
Being a celebrity is tough. The entire world is going to be watching every move you make and for Justin, the entire world is a critic. Maybe Pattie is right, people who loves Justin can pray for him and hope that God's intervening hand can help the troubled pop star overcome his addictions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy