Grammy Awards 2014 Winners Prediction: Daft Punk Likely to Get Lucky
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 25, 2014 1:42 AM EST
The final countdown to the Grammy Awards 2014 has begun, with the winners set to be announced at a glittering ceremony held at the Staples Center, Los Angeles on Sunday (26 January).
Daft Punk poses on arrival for the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards in New York August 25, 2013.
The National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences announced the nominees to the 56th Annual Grammy Awards at the Grammy Nominations Concert in December, hosted by LL Cool J.
Jay Z tops the nominations with nine, followed by Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Justin Timberlake and Pharrell Williams with seven nods each. Meanwhile, Drake and Bob Ludwig got five nominations each.
"This year's nominations reflect the talented community of music makers who represent some of the highest levels of excellence and artistry of the year in their respective fields," Neil Portnow, President/CEO of The Recording Academy was quoted by official Grammy website.
"Once again, The Academy's awards process and its voting membership have produced an impressive list of nominations across various genres promising music fans a spectacular show filled with stellar performances and unique 'GRAMMY Moments'. We are off to a great start and look forward to GRAMMY Sunday as Music's Biggest Night takes the stage," he added.
The winners will be announced at the ceremony on Sunday might but several sections of the media have resorted to predictions ahead of the event.
Here is the predictions by TVGuide:
Record of the Year
"Get Lucky," Daft Punk and Pharrell Williams
Album of the Year
The Heist, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Song of the Year
Best New Artist
Best Pop Vocal Album
Pure Heroine, Lorde
Best Pop Solo Performance
"Mirrors," Justin Timberlake
Best Rap Album
Yeezus, Kanye West
Best Rap Performance
"Swimming Pools (Drank)," Kendrick Lamar
Best Country Album
Same Trailer, Different Park, Kacey Musgraves
Best Rock Album
The Next Day, David Bowie
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists