Grammy Awards 2014 Winners Prediction: Daft Punk Likely to Get Lucky
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 25, 2014 1:42 AM EST
The final countdown to the Grammy Awards 2014 has begun, with the winners set to be announced at a glittering ceremony held at the Staples Center, Los Angeles on Sunday (26 January).
Daft Punk poses on arrival for the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards in New York August 25, 2013.
The National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences announced the nominees to the 56th Annual Grammy Awards at the Grammy Nominations Concert in December, hosted by LL Cool J.
Jay Z tops the nominations with nine, followed by Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Justin Timberlake and Pharrell Williams with seven nods each. Meanwhile, Drake and Bob Ludwig got five nominations each.
"This year's nominations reflect the talented community of music makers who represent some of the highest levels of excellence and artistry of the year in their respective fields," Neil Portnow, President/CEO of The Recording Academy was quoted by official Grammy website.
"Once again, The Academy's awards process and its voting membership have produced an impressive list of nominations across various genres promising music fans a spectacular show filled with stellar performances and unique 'GRAMMY Moments'. We are off to a great start and look forward to GRAMMY Sunday as Music's Biggest Night takes the stage," he added.
The winners will be announced at the ceremony on Sunday might but several sections of the media have resorted to predictions ahead of the event.
Here is the predictions by TVGuide:
Record of the Year
"Get Lucky," Daft Punk and Pharrell Williams
Album of the Year
The Heist, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Song of the Year
Best New Artist
Best Pop Vocal Album
Pure Heroine, Lorde
Best Pop Solo Performance
"Mirrors," Justin Timberlake
Best Rap Album
Yeezus, Kanye West
Best Rap Performance
"Swimming Pools (Drank)," Kendrick Lamar
Best Country Album
Same Trailer, Different Park, Kacey Musgraves
Best Rock Album
The Next Day, David Bowie
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers