‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Kicks Off with Grand Opening
By Ankita Mehta | January 24, 2014 10:48 PM EST
Sohail Khan directorial "Jai Ho" has kick-started its box office run on a grand note. As per early estimates, the film started with around 80 to 90 percent occupancy at most circuits in India.
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
"Jai Ho" was one of the much awaited films in recent times as it marks the return of Salman Khan in an action role after a year. His last film "Dabangg 2" was released in December 2012.
Salman's comeback film has worked like magic at single screen centres. Released in around 4500 screens, the film has opened to a roaring response at single screens. Even multiplexes opened with good occupancy for morning shows. Around 15 to 20 shows are running every day in multiplexes at major cities.
In North India, the occupancy was dull but in Mumbai it was much better. "Jai Ho" registered 90 percent occupancy in circuits like Ahmadabad, Pune, Mysore and Bangalore.
In North, the film started with average occupancy in areas like NCR, East Punjab.
By and large the opening is great though it's not gigantic. The foremost day figures ought to be great but it won't be that high as Salman's previous films had earned.
As per early estimates, the film would not even break "Ek Tha Tiger" opening day record. However, a lot depends on how multiplexes earn through the day because the business at single screens in most parts has been quite exceptional.
The opening day earnings might be low as compared to the star's previous blockbuster releases but "Jai Ho" is set for a strong weekend due to the 26 January holiday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date