Super Bowl 2014 Date Change: Game Could be Postponed in Case of Snowstorm
By Keerthi Mohan | January 24, 2014 8:15 PM EST
Super Bowl XLVIII could be postponed from its scheduled date of Feb. 2.
According to reports, the game could be played anywhere from Friday to Monday in the event of a storm or rain, and officials said that’s a worst case scenario.
“What goes into whether deciding to (move) it, first of all, is public safety,” Eric Grubman, the NFL's vice president of business operations, told reporters on Wednesday, UPI.com reported. "Unless it was a state of emergency which affected public resources in a way that made it impossible to get the resources here, or any kind of declaration by any of the authorities from the states involved that made it difficult to travel safety to and from the stadium, we would absolutely respect that.”
The temperature on Sunday is expected to be a high of 40 degrees, and those who attend the game will be provided with ear muffs, mittens, scarf, lip balm and other necessities to keep themselves warm, Fox 40 reported.
"Our aim is to play it at 6:30 p.m. [Sunday] and we are going to have every possible resources in place to do that along as conditions are safe," Grubman added, according to UPI.com. "But if not, we have contingent plans with a lot of options available to us."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks