Super Bowl 2014 Date Change: Game Could be Postponed in Case of Snowstorm
By Keerthi Mohan | January 24, 2014 8:15 PM EST
Super Bowl XLVIII could be postponed from its scheduled date of Feb. 2.
According to reports, the game could be played anywhere from Friday to Monday in the event of a storm or rain, and officials said that’s a worst case scenario.
“What goes into whether deciding to (move) it, first of all, is public safety,” Eric Grubman, the NFL's vice president of business operations, told reporters on Wednesday, UPI.com reported. "Unless it was a state of emergency which affected public resources in a way that made it impossible to get the resources here, or any kind of declaration by any of the authorities from the states involved that made it difficult to travel safety to and from the stadium, we would absolutely respect that.”
The temperature on Sunday is expected to be a high of 40 degrees, and those who attend the game will be provided with ear muffs, mittens, scarf, lip balm and other necessities to keep themselves warm, Fox 40 reported.
"Our aim is to play it at 6:30 p.m. [Sunday] and we are going to have every possible resources in place to do that along as conditions are safe," Grubman added, according to UPI.com. "But if not, we have contingent plans with a lot of options available to us."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery