Super Bowl 2014 Date Change: Game Could be Postponed in Case of Snowstorm
By Keerthi Mohan | January 24, 2014 8:15 PM EST
Super Bowl XLVIII could be postponed from its scheduled date of Feb. 2.
According to reports, the game could be played anywhere from Friday to Monday in the event of a storm or rain, and officials said that’s a worst case scenario.
“What goes into whether deciding to (move) it, first of all, is public safety,” Eric Grubman, the NFL's vice president of business operations, told reporters on Wednesday, UPI.com reported. "Unless it was a state of emergency which affected public resources in a way that made it impossible to get the resources here, or any kind of declaration by any of the authorities from the states involved that made it difficult to travel safety to and from the stadium, we would absolutely respect that.”
The temperature on Sunday is expected to be a high of 40 degrees, and those who attend the game will be provided with ear muffs, mittens, scarf, lip balm and other necessities to keep themselves warm, Fox 40 reported.
"Our aim is to play it at 6:30 p.m. [Sunday] and we are going to have every possible resources in place to do that along as conditions are safe," Grubman added, according to UPI.com. "But if not, we have contingent plans with a lot of options available to us."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People