Rakhi Sawant Can Govern Better than Arvind Kejriwal, Says Uddhav Thackeray; Actor Thanks for ‘Compliment’
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | January 24, 2014 8:10 PM EST
In a hilarious turn of events within the clamour surrounding AAP and Arvind Kejriwal, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray could perhaps be attributed for the most bizarre and grotesque comment ever made against Kejriwal.
Supporters of the Shiv Sena party throw flowers as Uddhav Thackeray, son of right-wing Hindu nationalist politician Bal Thackeray, who is clasping his hands to thank supporters, during Bal Thackeray's funeral procession in Mumbai, November 18, 2012.
Thackeray, in an editorial in his party's propaganda publication Saamna, said that the Bollywood's item girl Rakhi Sawant could do better governance than the Delhi Chief Minister, adding that Kejriwal was a "circus ringmaster leading a fair of madmen."
"Even an item girl Rakhi Sawant can govern better than Kejriwal. Small-time actors take to item performances after failing to get decent work. Arvind Kejriwal's item performance too will last as long as this spectacle does," Thackeray said in the infamous article.
While some would take this in a negative way, Sawant has thanked the Shiv Sena chief for giving her a compliment, NDTV reported.
"Thanks to Uddhav ji for giving me this compliment," she said, adding that she often felt bad about her name being "dragged into everything".
The notorious comment comes amid a surge of criticisms from almost all political spheres against the dharna staged by Kejriwal, to oppose police's unwillingness to raid an alleged prostitution and drug ring in Delhi. Unfortunately, the raid carried out by Law Minister Somnath Bharti has itself been mired in controversies, leading to an overwhelming demand from political parties for the minister to step down.
This week, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde also called the Delhi Chief Minister a "mad (yeda) CM" as Bharti was grilled from all directions for his infamous speech, in which he described his desire to "spit' on Arun Jaitley and Harish Salve.
On Thursday evening, AAP party said that there was no sufficient evidence that Bharti had indulged in a racist and sexiest activity during the night raid as alleged by political parties and women's communities. The party said that they will wait for the result of an independent judicial inquiry on the matter, which is currently underway.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- Teachers’ Strike in BC, Canada Stalls 1st Day of School; Labour Dispute Could Last Even After Labour Day
- Ukraine Crisis: Putin Dangles Nuclear War Threat, US Senators Advise Sending Defensive Weapons
- James Foley Is A Spy – Jihadi Recruiter Reveals
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen