LeBron, Curry, Kobe voted All-Star Game starters - but Kobe doesn't want to play
By Vanessa Francisco | January 24, 2014 7:51 PM EST
People have voted for them, so here are the 2014 NBA All-Star Game starters:
Backcourt: Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat), Kyrie Irving (Cleveland Cavaliers)
Frontcourt: LeBron James (Miami Heat), Paul George (Indiana Pacers), Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks)
Backcourt: Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers), Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors)
Frontcourt: Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder), Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves), Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers)
The votes were released and Love got more than 26,000 votes behind Howard and 18,000 off of Griffin but Howard just somehow dropped off the map. Kobe has asked fans to vote for younger players instead like Damian Lillard. Curry got 1,047,281 votes ahead of Kobe who got 988,884 and Chris Paul who was not named a started
"Obviously it would be very special for it to happen, especially your first time," Curry stated atfter Saturday's game against the Pelicans. "It would be special but I am not going to get ahead of myself."
According to Mike Bresnahan of the LA Times, Kobe has stated that he will not play in the game, though. Mike tweets: "Kobe says he appreciates being voted an All-Star but 'with all due respect' does not want to play in the game." For Kobe, it is the 16th consecutive time he was voted as a starter in the All-Star game, drawing him near Kareen Abdul Jabbar's record of 19 All-Star appearances.
Bryant has played in just six games because of injuries. It has not been determined whether or not Kobe will play but he has been sidelined since Dec. 19 because of a knee injury. He also missed the beginning of the season recovering from a torn Achilles tendon he suffered in April 2013.
Fan votes determine All-Star Game starters where LeBron was the top choice with 1,416,419 votes followed by Durant closely with 1,396,294 votes. James will be making his 10th consecutive All-Star appearance.
Voting switches to the coaches to pick the reserves and these will be announced soon. The All-Star Game is on Sun., Feb. 16 in New Orleans and the Friday before is the Rising Star challenge. Saturday events include the Skills Contest, Dunk Contest, etc.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed